Author Topic: DriveStation™ Quad USB 3.0 - HD-QLU3R5 - 4 leds are RED !!  (Read 4638 times)

faf

• Calf
DriveStation™ Quad USB 3.0 - HD-QLU3R5 - 4 leds are RED !!
« on: January 18, 2012, 04:26:12 AM »

Hello,

I have the DriveStation™ Quad USB 3.0 - HD-QLU3R5, and really happy with it until today ! 

I turned on my computer, then i turned on the Drivestation, at first, the power led is purple and the disk 4 is green and the disk 3 is orange, the disk 1 and 2 have no colours...., after three seconds, the power led is blue and all the four disk's led are blinking orange (for spanning mode). Then the power led is still blue and disk 1,2,3,4 leds are red... solid red, they donc blink or nothing.... So my DriveStation is not recognize by my computer....

What can I do ?? I'm desperate, I have many important files on my drivestation... 

For you to know, my Drivestation's RAID Mode is configured as : Spanning Mode

Can someone please help me ??

Thank you very very much.

Fred

faf

• Calf
Re: DriveStation™ Quad USB 3.0 - HD-QLU3R5 - 4 leds are RED !!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 05:54:00 AM »

Sorry, I meant I am in Raid Mode : Raid 0, not spanning mode

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 09:08:39 AM »
Firstly your data is gone (why you kept it as RAID0 if the file are "important" I'll never know)
Secondly, use the raid utilty to see if it can access the unit, if so you will need to delete/recreate the RAID.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

faf

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 07:34:01 AM »

Thanks for your answer !

I kept it as a RAID0 because I need to have the full capacity which is about 8 tera..... 

I went to a computer shop today, they tested every 4 hard disks separetely, they work fine, but of course, when tested they were not connected to the main drivestation's case so the computer saw the disks with no data..., I believe that the drivestation's case is not working properly, the fan doesn't work... well, that was the answer of the guy at the computer shop. So, according to him, i should try to fix the main case of the drivestation and not the hard disks.

What do you think ? 

Thanks.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 05:26:17 AM »

Yeah, looks like a RAID controller error to be honest. You will need to remove the HDDs and contact a data recovery company id say.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!