Author Topic: BR-X816U2 Blu-ray Writer Not Completing Discs  (Read 3683 times)

derekomni

• Calf
BR-X816U2 Blu-ray Writer Not Completing Discs
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:24:19 AM »

I've had this burner for about 2 weeks now, and it worked perfectly at first.  But now it's very sporadic in finishing a single burn, and mostly doesn't finish writing a disc at all. 

I use this writer almost exclusively with burning Blu-rays off of Adobe Encore, although I've tried burning on .iso through Toast and that still didn't work.  It will usually begin writing fine, but about halfway through, I can hear the burner stop working and the disc stop spinning.  I open disk utility and the computer doesn't even recognize the burner anymore.  Even when I haven't started burning something, every now and then the writer will be disconnected from the computer.  At this point I usually try disconnecting the power and/or USB cables and start again... (I absolutely hate not having a power button on external devices!)

I work on a MacPro Quad-Core Intel Early 2008 model.  I've tried the writer on a Macbook Pro 2009 model as well, and the same things have been happening. 

Has anyone had this same experience?

SMCS

• Calf
Re: BR-X816U2 Blu-ray Writer Not Completing Discs
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 03:23:22 AM »

Hello,

We have BR-X816U2 for a while now and have been unable to use it.

The drive starts working and shuts down after a few minutes.

Tried to read normal discs through Mac, PC and Ubuntu, it is same. The drive fails and shuts down.

Is there any solution for this problem?

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: BR-X816U2 Blu-ray Writer Not Completing Discs
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 09:21:07 AM »

For both of you, it sounds like the burner or the cables have become defective. I would contact your local Buffalotech support for troubleshooting or replacement.