Author Topic: IFC-PCIE2U3 performance issues  (Read 2939 times)

memse

• Calf
IFC-PCIE2U3 performance issues
« on: June 28, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »

I installed this USB 3.0 controller and initially used the ver.1.02 firmware with the supplied CD.  After a successful installation (without a reboot since no message stated this was necessary) I connected a WD 1TB portable USB drive I bought from Costco a month ago.  I just got back from a family member's destination wedding in Cozumel so I started a copy from the WD USB device to an internal 1GB SATA drive of about 28.2GB of photo files.  The copy was very slow so I cancelled the copy.  Then I downloaded and installed the latest firmware from the Buffalo page for this device which informed me I needed to reboot.  During the reboot process into Windows XP I got numerous error message boxes saying no disk.  After clicking thru these warnings using the continue option, I started another copy.  The copy speed seemed to be unchanged from my first attempt.  What is particularly frustrating is I performed a USB 2.0 copy on my PC at work of these same files and it ran faster than the speed I'm getting now!!!  The USB 2.0 copy of these files took about 40 mintues.  The USB 3.0 copy is taking well over an hour.

Does anyone know what gives?  Obviously I now have some kind of hardware conflict going on...

NinjaNAS

• Tatanka
Re: IFC-PCIE2U3 performance issues
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 03:21:50 PM »

Have you tried to reinstall the drivers? Do you have the power cable plugged into the PCI card?

memse

• Calf
Re: IFC-PCIE2U3 performance issues
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 05:30:44 PM »

I can try reinstalling the driver but I did indeed connect a power supply cable to the card.