Author Topic: Terastation losing network connection but not ping.  (Read 5557 times)

jopela

• Calf
Terastation losing network connection but not ping.
« on: October 16, 2008, 07:53:48 AM »

I just purchased a TeraStation. It sits on my network with a static IP address. When I map to the drive, I can access it for about 2 - 10 minutes before it becomes unavailable with the following error message: \\Location\TeraStation is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The network path was not found. When I transfer a file to it, the file will stop transferring and give me the error: Cannot copy filename: The specified network name is no longer available. I set up a -t ping to the IP address and it never stops pinging successfully. So I don't understand the network name no longer being available. I also lose access to the web interface.

I have also connected to it by IP address to make sure it is not a DNS issue. Once I lose connection if I wait about 5 minutes it will reconnect and the cycle starts all over again.

HELP!!!

jopela

• Calf
Re: Terastation losing network connection but not ping.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:36:10 AM »

I found the error... it was an ID10T issue. Someone had plugged in an old network printer that was suppose to be decommissioned and it caused me to have a duplicate IP. :smileymad:

All is well.

jk6

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 04:17:38 PM »

I have been having the same issues- Terastation disappears from network.  I have a Seagate USB drive plugged into the back of my Terastaion- would this be causing the same problem?  I can see the Terastation via TS Client, but it's invisible otherwise.  Trying to back up my laptop to the terastion wirelessly but I can't since it won't see the Terastation on the network...

MP_UK

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 09:21:15 AM »

I have a similar problem.

I've got 3x LS-WX4.0TL/R1-EU on my network (all delivered together). Two of the drives are working perfectly fine, the other one randomly drops off !

All three drives are setup identically apart from the IP address (all have their own static IP) with the same firmware. I've tried changing the ethernet cable, swapping the PSU and switch ports so I'm starting to think the drive may be faulty?

If I access the drive through explorer (so that I have entered the credentials) and then run the following batch file :-

:BEGIN

dir \\mydrive\myfolder /s

goto BEGIN

It will list the directories correctly for approximately 10-15 minutes, then start returning "The network path was not found". This will carry on until I reopen the folder in explorer (but it won't reask me for the credentials), then it will start to access the drive correctly again and start relisting the directories for another 10-15 minutes.

Any ideas? Thanks, Mark

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »

Does the device ping by IP address after dropping off the network?