Author Topic: IFC-PCIE2U3 - Doesn't like sleep mode?  (Read 3200 times)

Saethori

• Calf
IFC-PCIE2U3 - Doesn't like sleep mode?
« on: June 04, 2011, 04:33:08 AM »

Hello, all! I am a recent purchaser of the Buffalo Tech's USB 3.0 Interface Card (IFC-PCIE2U3), and so far it works well. It installed without problems, reads devices well, and works with my other devices (especially a USB 2.0 gaming keyboard) well. Except for one minor problem...

When the computer enters sleep mode or shuts down, the card (or, specifically, the Renesas Electronics USB 2.0 MTT Hub that it adds to allow backwards compatibility with my USB 2.0 devices) doesn't reactivate itself when the computer boots back up. Thus, all USB 2.0 devices attached to the card, like the aforementioned keyboard, do not operate, and the only way to fix this problem is to completely reinstall the card's drivers from the website. (Which only lasts until the next sleep mode or shutdown, of course.)

Constant Google searches and fix attempts have been fruitless so far. The keyboard has features that only work effectively on USB 2.0+ ports (of which my computer has only this card), and so I sought to use this card to both grant the keyboard the improved connection it desires, as well as be able to use other USB 3.0 devices. However, if I have to reinstall the drivers every time I boot the computer up (something that could happen in the range of four+ times a day; I do not like to keep the computer on unnecessarily.), that would be enough of a breaking point for me to return the card and acquire a 2.0 card in its stead. Before I do that, though, I wanted to check if there was some sort of fix to this problem that I couldn't otherwise find.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: IFC-PCIE2U3 - Doesn't like sleep mode?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 01:15:14 PM »

I've never seen that before. Have you tried to reinstall the USB card itself?

Saethori

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 03:24:29 PM »

I've reinstalled the card itself (through removal and replacement) twice so far. I've reinstalled the drivers (both the version on the included disk, and the version on the website) well over a dozen times, every time my computer has booted up or exited sleep mode these past couple days.

Other fixes I've tried (that didn't work) have included:

-Disabling USB 3.0 Power Management features

-Disabling "Allow your computer to turn off this device to save power" settings

-Tweaking with USB-related BIOS settings

If I knew *why* the hub was uninstalling itself, I'd probably have more ammunition on fixing it, but the cause itself is remaining quite elusive.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 01:58:25 PM »

I would even try just updating the bios on your motherboard itself. And have you tried this in another computer?