Author Topic: DVSM-PN58U2VB CD/DVD Reader/Burner Driver Issue  (Read 8587 times)

Fordyce

• Calf
DVSM-PN58U2VB CD/DVD Reader/Burner Driver Issue
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:00:24 AM »

I'm having trouble getting windows XP to recognize my DVSM-PN58U2VB drive as a burner and not just a cd/dvd reader.  I've gone into the registry and forced windows to see it as a CD-RW and the windows burning tools now come up, but the burning wizard does not recognize the drive as having a blank cd.  Windows knows there is a cd in the drive and will even open blank ones up and ask if I want to burn files to it, but the wizard will not work. 

I tried to install the drivers from this website and windows did not recognize them as being for this drive.  I tried running the executable files included in the driver download and those did not do anything either.  I'm in the process of downloading the CD image but do not want to go this route as we have to use these drives on about 180 different machines and do not want to have to install this software on all of them.  Is there another option for me?

CapnSmith

• Buffalo
Re: DVSM-PN58U2VB CD/DVD Reader/Burner Driver Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 01:12:57 PM »

Fordyce,

Have you tried using this unit on another PC?  One with Windows XP?  If so, you mention that the drive will recognize blank cds, but will the unit recognize pre-mastered media (CDs/DVDs professionally manufactured)?

It is possible that your unit may be faulty.  Please contact our Technical Support department at 866-752-6210 to do some more troubleshooting and to set up a replacement if it is needed.

bagangalaw

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:17:40 AM »

My DVSM-PN58U2VB CD/DVD Reader/Burner can't read any operating system or bootable cd's and even files on cd.  Please help! Thanks!

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 01:57:20 PM »

Did you have the same issue on a separate pc? 

bagangalaw

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 02:22:23 AM »

yup. i tried it in our company. tried it on laptops & PCs, all newly purchased last novermber 2010.

CapnSmith

• Buffalo
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 09:45:53 AM »

It sounds like the drive is faulty then, I would contact Technical Support to set up a replacement for this drive.

bagangalaw

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 09:42:22 PM »

thanks bro. my e-mail address is bagangalaw@yahoo.com

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 09:31:10 AM »

You, need to contact your local Buffalotech support and request a replacement.

libbington

• Calf
DVSM-PN58U2VB CD/DVD Reader/Burner - reads CDs not DVDs
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 01:43:24 PM »

Hi - trying to use DVSM-PN58U2VB in notebook Samsung PC installed with MS Office Professional Plus. Plays CDs but unable to read and play DVDs. I thought it was plug and play. Surely I don't need to download a DVD decoder? Any ideas/feedback welcome.

Thanks

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: DVSM-PN58U2VB CD/DVD Reader/Burner - reads CDs not DVDs
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 10:35:52 AM »

Which version of windows? If it is XP then yes, you will need to get a dvd decoder. If its windows vista or 7 then you should not have to and it would be another issue. 

gene

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 11:26:01 AM »

ref: DVSM-PN58U2VB(W) DVD multi drive....external burner...I had a lot of problems with this unit at first with the software I was trying to use with it...including what instructions came with it...I also have win XP....I tried several software programs to try to get it to work...no use...finally, got Corel software, a cheap verson on sale, around 20 bucks...thought would try it as was at wits end...never could get support in person for it...an nothing for support with previous software, nor Buffalo....the Corel worked like a charm..no more problems....now, I find that it runs a little slow for me...because of my computor capacity...memory, etc...so, just have to improve upon that as it is an older model..I have had a problem with burning a recent dvd from wide angle to wide angle for some problem...I just get standard 4.9 instead of 16.9 for some reason...I believe it to be maybe the DL dvds using now to get the total dvd data on one disk...an my computor is so slow...but, just used a standard 2.0 usb port...an, sometimes, get the insert a blank disk reading, I just re insert or wait until the message comes up again....still think it may be the slowness of my computor...in process of upgrading that, will see if that is the real problem....never a problem before until the latest long dvd burn....Corel VideoStudio Express 2010 is what I use....

gene

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 11:35:41 AM »

you will most likely have file extension problems like I did until I ran across Corel VideoStudio Express 2010...then, all the others I just either deleted or stopped using. Have not had a problem burning , reading, etc..since...I use win XP...an a slow pc...landline connection, no dsl, an short on memory now...need to improve upon that....I used Nero, Movavi or however you spell it, also, my cam corder software from Panasonic...none works as well as Corel...an it was cheap...like my prev. post states, like on sale for 20 bucks...best 20 I ever spent...Corel converts, then burns....takes some time, depending on your computor...but, works....

eleventysix

• Calf
DVSM-PN58U2VB CD/DVD Reader/Burner Driver
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 08:49:55 PM »

Hi,

Is there any way that I can rip CDs or DVDs using my driver? I understand that I can burn DVDs and CDs, but will it only read discs and burn information onto blank discs?

Thanks

RosemaryChen

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 07:27:51 AM »

Dear, where could I download a dvd decoder? Thanks!