Author Topic: LPV2 - seen but doesn't work from XP-64 bit machine  (Read 2721 times)

netwrangler

• Calf
LPV2 - seen but doesn't work from XP-64 bit machine
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:21:12 AM »

I've got an LPV2-USB-TX1 connected to my network. It serves documents to an Epson Stylus Photo 2200. 3 of my machines on the network, all running Windows XP-Pro 32-bit, can see and print to the Buffalo server without incident.

But one other machine on the network running Windows XP-Pro 64-bit can see the  Epson attached to the LPV2, but when I try to add it as a network printer, I get the Windows error message, "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Either the printer name was typed incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server..."

Well, obviously, there is no problem with the name. The printer is definitely connected to the server, as I can print to it from any of the other machines.

Any ideas?

TIA for your suggestions.

CapnSmith

• Buffalo
Re: LPV2 - seen but doesn't work from XP-64 bit machine
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 01:20:04 PM »

netwrangler,

Is is possible for you to connect to the print server via IP address, rather than hostname?

Sometimes connecting via IP address is more stable than via hostname.

Also, does the Epson printer have 64-bit drivers available from their company website?  You may need to install those drivers to connect to the printer.