Author Topic: Blu-Ray Writer BR-X816U2 burning issues(SAO,TAO, DAO)  (Read 3473 times)

Blurayburner

• Calf
Blu-Ray Writer BR-X816U2 burning issues(SAO,TAO, DAO)
« on: July 16, 2010, 12:35:22 AM »

Hello,

i have not found whether this writer can burn Session at once or track at once!

The writer came with  Power2Go as you v6.0.0.3311 burngin software.  The Cyberlink's  Power2go softaware says the writer should be SAO, TAO compatible but I can't  choose those options while burning Blu-ray disks.

I'm using Windows XP home edition with latest updates. The blu-ray disks I used were Verbatim  25 GB, 2X

BD-RE.

If the writer does not support SAO I need to buy another drive asap. I can't burn 25 Gigabytes at once.(Disk at once)

Harmfully I did not know the new Japanese USB 3.0 models. Those look great.

Thanks for any info.

ps. I also tested the drive with standard DVD rewritable disk and it seemed that it would take much more time to burn 2 Gigabytes into DVDs than Blu-ray disks, could that be true?

Blurayburner

• Calf
Re: Blu-Ray Writer BR-X816U2 burning issues(SAO,TAO, DAO)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 11:54:42 PM »

Hi, Nobody knowing whether this product is SAO + TAO compatible??

There is no mention on the product package  or on buffalo's product web page!!!

Surely I'm not the only one who is using this blu-ray burner  thus other users would know the answer as well.

Can it be that I would need a windows 7 in order to burn a few gigabytes at once and then later on add more data in the disk. Now it is possible to burn whole blu-ray disk at once. No further data can be added later on..

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Blu-Ray Writer BR-X816U2 burning issues(SAO,TAO, DAO)
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 05:05:47 PM »

After a lot of digging I found an answer.  Yes, the Burner is SAO, TAO and DAO compatible.  Why the software/disc won't let you is possibly because they aren't able to.  XP or not you should be able to burn data via an open session disc to answer your other question.