Author Topic: Does Buffalo -REALLY- make USB SNES gamepads???  (Read 3131 times)

RetroGamer

• Calf
Does Buffalo -REALLY- make USB SNES gamepads???
« on: July 02, 2010, 10:44:17 PM »

So I was browsing Ebay and came across this beautiful retro Super Famicom style usb gamepad:

It has the Buffalo logo on it, but I'm still a little bit apprehensive about buying it, since nearly every usb Super NES controller I've seen or bought from Ebay has been some kind of poorly built bootleg. They usually have a bad Dpad that is stiff and difficult to press, and bad internal components. My question is: Did Buffalo actually make this or did some bootlegger just use the logo to trick unsuspecting customers into thinking it's legit? Also, if anyone actually has one of these, how good is the quality? Is it as good as the real deal?

RetroGamer

• Calf
Re: Does Buffalo -REALLY- make USB SNES gamepads???
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 04:57:59 PM »

Sooooooooo.... no one's going to say anything?

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 05:27:15 PM »

That's a  Buffalo Japan product. BT USA doesn't make these and these are the USA/Canada forums.

RetroGamer

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 06:19:53 PM »

So then it really -is- a genuine product, made by the company called Buffalo (albeit an offshoot that is not related to the US and Canadian branch). That's all I wanted to know, since I'm usually suspicious of usb SNES controllers. Some of them have a misshapen DPad that is very stiff, Start and Select made of plastic instead of soft rubber, and L and R buttons that have a hard click rather than having the nice squishy texture of the normal rubber contact buttons.