Author Topic: DVSM-PN58U2VW won't recognize blank DVDs/CDs  (Read 4805 times)

nilsper

• Calf
DVSM-PN58U2VW won't recognize blank DVDs/CDs
« on: March 28, 2010, 01:21:57 PM »

My slim Buffalo DVD burner won't accept recognize blank DVDs in either OS X or Windows XP. It didn't even want to read the disc that came with it -- problematic, since it's the only way I can install those drivers.

When I went to the Buffalo site to download drivers, it said that my serial number was not a possible number, even though I checked it many times.

Did I get a lemon? 

Memoryman

• El Toro
Re: DVSM-PN58U2VW won't recognize blank DVDs/CDs
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 06:26:18 PM »

First check that the computer port being used, is active and a good port.

If good, you need to contact your local Buffalotech support for troubleshooting.

Serial number not recognized - what country did you buy it in and which buffalotech are you trying to enter a serial number?
Different buffalotech locations have different serial numbers.

romelevans

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 07:36:50 AM »

Very bad experience with my first buy of a buffalo product.  When I install it on Vista, it gets installed as a CD-ROM rather than a DVD-RW.  Thus it can't read dvds.  What a pain.  If this is what kind of quality control Buffalo has, it's my last time purchacing anything with Buffalo on it.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 09:32:40 AM »

You dont even list what device you have and what OS you have tried it on, list at least some basic details before going off on a pointless rant!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 04:20:25 PM »

We can't help you if you don't follow the forum rules, and give us information about your device, and product part number. Also - you need to start your own post and not hijack.

denischang

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 08:03:41 AM »

I've similar problem as well. My DVSM-PN58U2VW works with XP buy not Win7. Windows recognize the dirve and show up in Windows Explore, but it just doesn't read the disc, and keep trying all the time without no error message.....

I tried to update the dirver downloaded from BUFFALO web, the Windows told me the driver installed is the most update version.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 03:01:59 AM »

denischang wrote:

I've similar problem as well. My DVSM-PN58U2VW works with XP buy not Win7. Windows recognize the dirve and show up in Windows Explore, but it just doesn't read the disc, and keep trying all the time without no error message.....

I tried to update the dirver downloaded from BUFFALO web, the Windows told me the driver installed is the most update version.

it is a 32 or 64 bit version of Windows 7 your having the issue on?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!