Author Topic: Memeo. is a bad program..  (Read 4885 times)

flamestar

• Calf
Memeo. is a bad program..
« on: February 20, 2010, 01:39:01 PM »

You put a virus on my computer called Memeo. It is a virus because it installed itself on my computer without my permission and can not be uninstalled. Control panel uninstall doesn't work because it is always running, I can't delete it from start up because it reinstalls itself. Below are some comments about this vicious program.

Just yesterday after another recommendation, I found stuff ( I call it) lurking in the program files. Guess what was there, yep, Memeo. After I thought all this time it was gone. Nope. It was there. I went there and "tried" to delete it. It will try to install itself as you try to delete it. Just keep canceling if it does. It will eventually move to the recycle bin. After that I went to memeo site and did the regedit, both of them (link posted above). I actually then went to the recycle bin and without touching the actual Memeo, emptied the bin.

I restarted my computer. Checked the registry and deleted anything that said memeo. Just make sure auto sync is gone. I came to the conclusion that they only have you delete the auto sync portion for some reason (that's the paranoia talking). While in the registry I also checked every one of the subcategories for anything memeo and deleted it (I think I found something in asseblies{just do Memeo at the end, not beginning as I do not know what those files are).

I think I'm finally free of the offending (and offensive) software. The file I missed was 7606ACEFC96823F4F9E675E44169EC44 in the registry (I put the name here for future readers, it appears twice in the registry.) There are 2 other instances of memeo in the registry that I also deleted.

flamestar

• Calf
Re: Memeo. is a bad program..
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »

Buffalo is a great product. You may have said something about Memeo in the instructions but information about the software should have popped up on the computer screen when I installed your hardware. Instead the program appeared two days later and I had no idea where it came from. You should know something like that sets off alarm bells. I tried to uninstall it and it doesn’t allow itself to be uninstalled. I thought there were rules against programs like that. In any case I did research and found that you include the software with your storage devises. I read many negative things about the program on the internet but only the complainers post. It may work fine but I never want a program like Memeo on my computer. At the very least loading it on my computer without my knowledge was grossly unprofessional.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 10:00:48 AM »

Flamestar - Memeo doesn't install by itself - you have to agree to the install.

To activate it past 30 days, you have to enter the acitivation key.

http://support.memeo.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15014  for memeo support.

robertATmemeo

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 11:57:04 AM »

Flamestar:  This is my 3rd attempt to contact you about your issues. Please contact Memeo at this email address: support@memeo.com. As I mentioned in my last communication to you - Memeo is NOT a virus. Memeo software is used by more than 2 million users worldwide. It conforms to worldwide software standards and can easily uninstalled throught the control panel. We're here to help. thanks.  robert@memeo