Author Topic: Maybe that sticker was important? lol  (Read 4225 times)

Cookiethief

• Calf
Maybe that sticker was important? lol
« on: August 25, 2009, 03:41:12 PM »

Hey folks,  I recently (within the last 6 months), purchased a dual channel 1066 kit from ncix.  Im a neat freak when it comes to my case asthetics,  on one of the memory sticks,   I removed the paper sticker which mearly stated the timmings for the ram, and no other relevant info.  Problem now is that I have 1 bad stick that has come up "page fault errors/irq_not equal errors"  didn't fail memtest, but rest assured I have a bad stick,   I in no way altered the module, or dissasembled it, but removed the paper sticker as it was starting to separate form the module.  Only removed 1 sticker of the 2 sticks as only one was showing...     Is this going to kill my warranty?  as it did not state "warranty void if removed"..    I love this modules and have had no problems with them until recent.    Never did they exceed the recommended 2.1V nor frequency of 1066.    HELP! PLEASE !

Dan.. 

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Maybe that sticker was important? lol
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 11:58:57 AM »
Please email us at support@buffalotech.com and we'll discuss the Buffalo module label issue. If you include a copy of your proof of purchase, that will speed things up. Mention in the subject that drmemory advised you email us.