Author Topic: Media Station Won't Burn non-Namebrand BD-R Disks  (Read 3071 times)

Maxheadspace

• Calf
Media Station Won't Burn non-Namebrand BD-R Disks
« on: December 28, 2009, 12:49:18 PM »

I have a MediaStation 2x Blu-Ray/HDDVD burner player.  I can burn name-brand BD-R and BD-RE disks, but when I try to burn on generic BD-R disks, it renders and then says "burn completed," but doesn't burn the disk.  It does create the ISO file, and it does burn on, say, a Sony BD-R disk, but it won't burn on my plain, silver-top generic BD-R disks.  There are some name-brand disks (although perhaps lesser well-known), as well, that it will not burn to.  It does recognize the disks as "BD-R," but it just skips right over the actual burn itself.  This really appears to be some form of copyright protection mechanism, or other software block, as there is no error code displayed, just the "burning complete" notice.  I need to be able to burn on these disks because I have my own labling machine and need to put my labels and logos on the blank-topped disks.  Any suggestions, or observation of this effect?  I really don't want to give up on the Buffalo drive, but I need to burn these disks.

Thanks!

Lee