Author Topic: LT-H90LAN remote control colored buttons not working  (Read 5380 times)

rtwo2008

• Calf
LT-H90LAN remote control colored buttons not working
« on: November 13, 2009, 02:16:36 PM »

I have a Link Station (LS-CHL)  connected with a wire to a Router (WHR-G300N, firmware 1.64)), and a Link Theater LT-H90LAN (Firmware 1.06) also connected to the router via a wire.

The Link Theater can see my Link Station and I can browse all my files through the "Browse Media" menu, and the Link Theater even automatically arranged them into Music / Photos / Videos subfolders.

But when I press the colored buttons on the remote control (green Video, orange Music, red Photo) i always get 0 content ... Any idea how to configure it to show the files of that type?

P.S: The music I got is normal everyday MP3s, the videos are DivX and WMV, the photos are all JPG.

I would appreciate a reply as I got a full Buffalo kit to avoid any compatibility problems ...

rtwo2008

• Calf
Re: LT-H90 colored buttons on the remote showing no files
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:12:23 AM »

how long does it usually take for the support to give a reply here?

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:37:34 AM »

First simply try resetting your linktheater.

Go to settings-->Reset System Settings.

If that doesn't work, even though the folders are organized correctly when browsing those hotkeys on the remote may be looking for certain metadata to identify content that may not be present. Try streaming some media using the Buffalo PC Utility instead of the twonky server that's built into the NAS to see if that makes a difference.

rtwo2008

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 04:46:04 AM »

Before i tried a reset to factory defaults, i moved the LinkTheater to another room which has a wired internet connection. When i switched it on, apparently the LinkTheater got updated (though I had no knowledge that an update was out). The Mediaplayer name was automatically changed to LT-H90WN-EU after the update, and this is the software version: LT-H90_1.16_20090805_1217, so apparently it updated from 1.06 to 1.16. Here are the changes I noticed:

The menu (Home Screen) is now big blocks arranged horizontally instead of the original vertical list. Moreover, I can see DLNA Settings in the Setup menu and other GUI changes as well.

However, the colored buttons on the remote (Video, Photo, Music) now don't work at all (literally, if you click on them anywhere, nothing happens). I tried using them inside Browse Media (and inside the LinkStation folders), also tried using them inside Network Shared Folders (where I had a mix of audio, video and photo files there). Basically, the buttons are now totally non-functioning.

I just a reset to factory defaults now, nothing changed.

I have installed TVersity on my PC and created a Media Server with shared files, when I browse the media server from the LT-H90 the colored hotkeys still don't work at all.

Any way to get them to work?

rtwo2008

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 08:05:13 AM »

The frequency between replies is really slow guys, would appreciate a quick one if possible ... (It's been 11 days I'm struggling with this problem).

rtwo2008

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 05:02:06 PM »
   should i still expect an answer here or just learn from this lesson?

rtwo2008

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 04:00:49 AM »

lesson learned. Is the support working part-time or just completely useless? Going Xtreamer or Popcorn Hour next.