Author Topic: Is there a way to get old Firmware for LinkTheater LAN?  (Read 4957 times)

brianhbrianh

• Calf
Is there a way to get old Firmware for LinkTheater LAN?
« on: September 30, 2009, 10:43:57 AM »
   The new firmware does not work with a HDMI to DVI converter. I've had two units now, and when it updates the firware, the HDMI function ceases to function. Is there a way to get the old firmware onto the machine and prevent the automatic updates?

Memoryman

• El Toro
Re: Is there a way to get old Firmware for LinkTheater LAN?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 07:23:56 PM »
   I made this request to the engineers in Japan just this morning. I'll keep pushing.

gpglang

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 04:29:50 AM »

Yep, informaition on the old-school devices is hard to find. I have these links in my history:

us-files: http://files.syfamily.org/update2109.html
eu-files: http://www.drivehq.com/web/chronic/updatepage.html

Can you tell me how to the manual way to do a firmware update/downgrade? I have some issues in the update-menu. Does not show anything.

Guido

achansonjr

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 12:42:04 PM »

I have given up on expecting decent customer service with regards to these forums.  There have been numerous posts regarding how the most recent firmware has changed features that were for the most part selling features when people purchased the LinkTheater.  I have decided to go ahead and eat the cost of having a black useless brick in my house and pick up a Popcorn hour.  People at least get feedback there.

Thanks Buffalo for driving me to another product.  Maybe this post will help others who are researching what they would like to have as their digital media receiver.

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 04:49:38 PM »

These forums are for customers to help customers.  Moderators will help keep the flamage down and assist at times. The forums are also used to help ID issues that moderators can pass on to the Japanese engineers. Some moderators will do more. The super-users bring a lot to the forums as well.

The forums are not Customer Service. Calling the Customer Service for your country, is Customer Service.

We will keep trying to get help for the people posting that are genuinely trying to get help, and not just offer negative comments.