Author Topic: No HD-DVD playback on BRHC-6316U2  (Read 3834 times)

maartsen

• Calf
No HD-DVD playback on BRHC-6316U2
« on: August 29, 2009, 07:35:21 PM »

I have recently bought the BRHC-6316U2 (USB), purely to be able to play some of the older HD-DVD titles, and to play US Blu-ray disks. I have a BR-816-SU2 (eSATA) as well, which I use to play European Blu-ray disks. As a consequence, I have both Cyberlink PowerDVD (for the BR-816-SU2) and Nero 8 Showtime Essentials (for the BRHC-6316U2) installed.

Blu-Ray plays fine on both drives, and on both Nero 8 and Cyberlink.

However, HD-DVD fails on Nero 8, where it craps out with a "C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error", from which it does not recover. I otherwise, when playing Blu-ray disks, receive a DTS error from Nero, which advises me I need to buy a plug-in from them - a plugin that is no longer available, according to their website. The Blu-ray disk plays, though, and I am able to play Blu-ray HD/Dolby using PowerDVD from either drive.

I have run all available updates for Nero 8, and installed the latest Microsoft C++ Runtime updates, to no avail. Operating system is Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit (upgrade from 32bit Vista), the PC is a Lenovo 3000 N500 (2 GHz Celeron) laptop with HDMI output,  8 GB of RAM, and the Intel GMA4500M graphics chipset with 1760 MB of video memory. Audio goes to an external 24 bit Creative Dolby SPDIF adapter/converter

Any help... would help... ;)

(As an aside FYI, the above combo does not want Turbo USB, the Lenovo's ports run at speed just as they are, under 64 bit Vista, and when Turbo USB is installed it slows playback way down, both on USB and on eSATA. This Lenovo recognizes 8 GB of RAM under 64 bit Vista, none of which is documented by Lenovo.)

rajuguru

• Calf
Bakuri Software
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 10:12:18 PM »

I just came across to this forum .Very interesting forum

----------------------------

Bakuri Software