Author Topic: UPnP A/V Server on LT-H90LAN  (Read 5544 times)

PerryM

• Calf
UPnP A/V Server on LT-H90LAN
« on: July 20, 2009, 06:38:55 AM »
   Could somebody tell me EXACTLY how to access a UPnP A/V Server? The manual seems to suggest I do it with 'Browse Media' but it doesn't give any details. If I am accessing via Ethernet and a router, the Firewall doesn't get involved - right?

PerryM

• Calf
Re: UPnP A/V Server on LT-H90LAN
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:04:46 AM »

Well to answer my own question - yes the Firewall DOES get involved. I turned it off and hey presto, the server (DBViewer) appears as another line along with the active computers after a 'Browse Media' search. So I now have live television (inc HD) streaming from my HTPC (on Freesat) via Ethernet to the LT-H90LAN and the TV in the lounge. Supports H.264 and AC3 and allows selection of programme via the Buffalo remote. Magic!! (but I have NO idea HOW it works!)

There are a few issues (like setting the Firewall) to tidy up but it looks very hopefull

PerryM

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 08:50:25 AM »

This strand is becoming a one-man band blog!

Live streaming has been working fine until this morning when the LT-H90LAN downloaded and installed an firmware update. No explanation, no options to install, it just did it!

Other than no longer streaming, and a modified 'front page', I cannot see any other differences. It doesn't play any of the media (like MKV) that it didn't play before.

Bottom line - it has suffered a major feature loss and I haven't got a single compensatory point in return.

If somebody could kindly point out some form of release notes for this update I'd be very grateful. However, I sense a bad smell and this may be the end of the line!

alchav21

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »
   Hello PerryM, I feel your pain, but knowing how to work with Files and Folders is essential.  With your Media Player you have a Media Manager, and here you can add the Media or Favorites to access what you want.  I also got the Firmware upgrade, and I was hoping it would solve my problem of not playing M2ts Files all I get is Sound.  It didn't solve it, and you are right, no information on what it did.  Well at least we know they are trying, and I have full confidence in Buffalo to solve our problems.

PerryM

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 08:54:40 AM »

As I suggested - I decided enough was enough and got a NMT device. It is cheaper than the LinkTheaterHD and yet has cured every one of the problems I previously suffered from! The (apparently) completely undocumented firmware upgrade was the last straw.

I'll thus be saying goodbye and wishing good luck to you fellow owners. My opinions about Buffalo support are best kept to myself!

Ozzie

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »

If you dont mind me asking, which model nmt did you get?

Thanks,

Ozzie