Author Topic: LinkTheatreHD and video resolutions  (Read 3627 times)

wifisher

• Calf
LinkTheatreHD and video resolutions
« on: August 15, 2009, 03:27:59 PM »

I would to know what video resolutions are supported by the LinkTheatreHD and the various codecs.

I have video content from my digital still camera that is 848x480. I've tried various codecs with that resolution and have not been able to find one that will play. I just get a black screen.

Thanks,

Wayne

alchav21

• Calf
Re: LinkTheatreHD and video resolutions
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 11:16:23 AM »
   What kind of extension are you talking about, like JPG is the most common.  The LinkTheaterHD will recognize certain extensions, so what is yours?

wifisher

• Calf
Re: LinkTheatreHD and video resolutions
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 04:04:40 PM »

My query is about video content - not still pictures. My still camera can make short movie clips in .MOV format. It uses the MJPEG codec at a resolution of 848x480.

I've been using ffmpeg to convert to various codecs (ie. MPEG-2, MPEG-4) in various containers (ie. MP4, MPG, AVI) and none of them work at 848x480.

If I crop to 720x480, I can get MPEG-2 video in a MP4 container to play but I'm losing 15% of the video by doing so.

So it would be nice to know the limitations of the various codecs and containers so that I can pick one that meets my needs and can play out properly.

Wayne