Author Topic: LT-H90LAN and Playon  (Read 7084 times)

cguida

• Calf
LT-H90LAN and Playon
« on: July 05, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »

Any possibility the you can support Playon on the LT-H90LAN?

Also what is the most current firmware on the L-H90LAN?

Thanks

cguida

• Calf
Re: LT-H90LAN and Playon
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:26:40 PM »

I love how I have no response on this topic.  I would think that BuffaloTech would want their media player to work with one of the few media servers that concentrates Internet content. see www.playon.tv

See below.

If you have a PLAYSTATION 3, Xbox 360, HP MediaSmart TV, Moxi HD DVR, or other DLNA-compliant device, PlayOn lets you watch Netflix, Hulu, CBS, YouTube, CNN, ESPN and more on your TV. And, if that isn't reason enough to check it out, PlayOn also enables you to enjoy your local PC media files with its newly released local media sharing feature (currently in beta). You can see all your digital photos, listen to your stored music, and watch videos stored on your PC through the same PlayOn Digital Media Server.

Check it out with a 14 day free trial.

We will also be adding support for Nintendo Wii very shortly. Stay tuned!

Message Edited by cguida on 07-14-2009 02:28 PM
Message Edited by cguida on 07-14-2009 02:28 PM

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 11:01:32 AM »
I believe I have just responded to you in a series of emails. But as I stated in the email, the LT-H90LAN is not a specifically mentioned model in it's list there. I can pass your request along, although I'm not certain wether the alterations would have to be made on our end or something one playon server end.

cguida

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 09:21:43 AM »

It would not be hard for you to test, there is a free 14 day trial of the Playon software. 

Ozzie

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 07:01:07 PM »

I am interested in using playon also. I dont understand why, if the linktheater is dnla cert. and playon works with dnla, the two will not work together.

I get the movie menu but when a movie is selected the screen goes blank like it is ready to play, then 20 seconds later the screen displays the menu again.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

tetone

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 10:17:37 PM »
   I am having the exact problem. Playon support said that the LT-H90 is not on the list of their supported devices and they had no idea why this should happen.Since I like playon and had no problem with it on my d-link media extender, I am seriously considering junking my LT-H90 and researching other manufacturers' network media players. Just waiting a while to see if Buffalo addresses this problem.

outtawack

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »

I'm having the exact same problem with my LTH-90.  I contacted PlayOn and they told me that the Buffalo device is closing the dlna connection with the server and so there isn't much they can do about it.  I'm definitely going to have to ditch my LTH-90 if this isn't fixed.

Ozzie

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »

It is pretty amazing how they just dont reply......

rtwo2008

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 04:02:17 AM »

yup, been there my friend, also regarding a problem with my LT-H90LAN. Next time going Xtreamer or Popcorn Hour. Lesson learned.

Ozzie

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 07:29:53 AM »

I made the switch a couple of months ago to the Popcorn Hour C-200 when they first came out. What a difference, like night and day.