Author Topic: Buffalo needs a Blu-ray Player!  (Read 6052 times)

alchav21

• Calf
Buffalo needs a Blu-ray Player!
« on: May 03, 2009, 03:39:05 AM »
   Well we have waited long enough, and I have tried some Blu-ray Players they are all having problems.  Just like DVD Players, none worked as good as the Buffalo Multimedia DVD Player.  The Ethernet Network interface and software made the DVD Player cutting edge technology.  Now we need Buffalo to come out with a Blu-ray Player and software that will stream M2TS files.  Streaming Video Files over a Network from a Server will be the way of the future and Buffalo needs to lead this innovation.

alchav21

• Calf
Re: Buffalo needs a Blu-ray Player!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 03:01:30 PM »
   I can see no one has replied to this message, so no one else cares about Streaming Video?  I did see a Write-up that the Motion Picture Industry cares about Steaming Video, and Buffalo was mentioned in the article.  So it's evident that the Motion Picture Industry sees Buffalo as an important Player.  Let me hear from the rest of you guys to see what you think, I can't believe this technology is over your heads!

mrstewart26

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 04:55:28 PM »

I've been looking forever to find the perfect Blu Ray player to go with my Linkstation XHL.  I have a PS3 and it is the perfect device!  It streams all my media and plays netflix.

Now I don't want to spend 300 to get another one for a different room.  I want a device that can do what I need:  

1. Play my Handbrake ripped DVD collection from my NAS.

2. Play DVD's and Blu Ray discs.

3. Access Netflix and Pandora.

Why is this so hard to find when the PS3 can do it perfectly.  Hell, my Samsung EPIC 4G phone can even stream my NAS movies, why couldn't the Samsung BD C5500 do it with the same ALLSHARE technology?  

Please someone tell me that there is a solution, and that I don't have to wait for Buffalo to come up with a blu ray.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 08:06:49 AM »

Ideas should go in the Idea Exchange Lounge if you want our engineers to see the idea. Then readers can vote for the idea and if it's popular, it will rise to the top of the ideas.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:09:47 PM »

I'll go ahead and pass your comments to my supervisor. Mrstewart26, any device that would do all that would probably cost around 300. So I would either build a simple computer or get another ps3 in the mean time. Even a low end pc would probably cost 300 or more. 

mrstewart26

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 09:11:11 AM »

Guess what guys, I found a great alternative to the ps3.  The LG BD570 works like a charm.  It does all the things I mentioned and also has youtube.  I use the ethernet cable, so I can't comment on the wifi, but all the functions that I was looking for work great.

mrstewart26

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 09:11:45 AM »

And by the way I got it refurbished on ebay for $140.

alchav21

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 11:01:31 AM »

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 05:10:32 PM »

still a good idea for the Idea Exchange Lounge