Author Topic: Packed Xvid files and other avi file problems on LT-H90  (Read 6123 times)

MartinBuffalo

• Calf
Packed Xvid files and other avi file problems on LT-H90
« on: March 25, 2009, 05:52:39 PM »

Hi there,

This is a question for one of the moderators;

Why does the LT-90H media player not play 'unpacked' Xvid files properly?   They do play but an apparent frame rate of about 10 fps.   My solution is to pack them which can be done quickly using 'MEG4Modifier' (google it) then they play perfectly but I don't see why it doesnt play them unpacked, the file size is the same.

Secondly, why does the LT-90H not play the avi files which my Canon IXUS 800IS still camera produces?   The manual says it plays avi files so why not?

Can shed some light here?

Thanks

Message Edited by MartinBuffalo on 03-25-2009 10:57 PM

Jason

• El Toro
Re: Packed Xvid files and other avi file problems on LT-H90
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 01:55:07 PM »

1. It doesn't support xvid or divx for that matter, so that mpeg 4 modifier probably changes it enough so that the LT is handle them properly.

* Supported video formats:  MPEG2, MPEG4 (low res), WMV, H.264

*Supported video file types:
                    mpg, mpeg, vob, mp4, wmv, asf, avi, m2t, m2ts, mts, m4v

2. As you can see, it supports avi, but unless you're having issues with other normal avi content, I wouldn't be terribly surprised. Most cameras use an unusual way of compiling the video data, so even if it doesn't end up being in some proprietary file type, they aren't as easily transferable as intended. I would look into that specifically, it's most likely DV avi, not standard avi. More info here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Video_Interleave

MartinBuffalo

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 05:45:29 PM »
   The product manual says it plays Xvid on page 41.

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 07:21:34 AM »
That's unlikely, the product manual for this model is only 38 pages long. You certain you're looking at the manual for the correct model?

MartinBuffalo

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 01:53:23 PM »

Yes I'm looking at the right manual it came in the box with the product!!

I'm looking at the printed manual page 41.

If you are looking at the PDF manual supplied on the CD, which is indeed 38 pages long, then XviD is in 'Specifications' on page 36!

Your own website also says it plays XviD if you click the features tab on the following webpage:

http://www.buffalo-technology.com/products/multimedia/linktheater/linktheaterhd-network-media-player/

So perhaps you could clear up for us whether it is supposed to play XviD files or not?

Message Edited by MartinBuffalo on 04-17-2009 08:02 PM

Jason

• El Toro

MartinBuffalo

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 04:54:55 PM »
   OK, is the US firmware different from the UK firmware?