Author Topic: Preferred BD-R Media for the Buffalo Internal Blu-Ray Burner  (Read 3355 times)

mimisdvds

• Calf

Are there any specifically preferred BD-R blank media for use with the Buffalo internal blu-ray burner?  Or, are there any known issues with any specific manufacturer of BD-R blank media or simply a brand that works better with this drive than other brands?  Given the price of the disks, I want to be sure to have as few problems as possible.  I am most interested in purchasing hub printable 25gb and 50gb disks and am looking at purchasing Sony brand disks.  There are others I'm looking at, as well, and hence the question.

Thanks.

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Preferred BD-R Media for the Buffalo Internal Blu-Ray Burner
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 05:05:07 PM »

From one of our engineers at Buffalo: 

"There are no known issues with any type of BD-R or BD-RE media.  I generally recommend users purchase the media of their choice as generally on any given day, there will be a healthy sale on a specific brand.  I also recommend purchasing media from a reputable company.  If you recognize the brand name, then I wouldn’t hesitate to buy their media.  (Examples:  Panasonic, Verbatim, TDK, etc.).  Many times you can find those brands at the best price as well.  Due to that, I generally don’t recommend media from an unknown company/brand."