Author Topic: DVD burned from BR-816SU2 doesn't play in DVD Player  (Read 7664 times)

tpjasper

• Calf
DVD burned from BR-816SU2 doesn't play in DVD Player
« on: January 08, 2009, 01:07:06 PM »

After successfully burning a Blu-Ray disc on the BR-816SU2 using Adobe Encore CS4, it doesn't play in Blu-Ray disc players (mine and one at Best Buy).  Although, I can read and play the disk on my computer.  I've tried two DVDs.  Not sure if this is a problem with Adobe or Buffalo or ?  Any suggestions on what to try is appreciated.  Tom

alchav21

• Calf
Re: DVD burned from BR-816SU2 doesn't play in DVD Player
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 07:48:43 PM »
   I'm not familiar with Adobe Encore and what it can do.  Have you ever made other DVD's, using VOB Files?  I use DVDFab to rip and burn DVD's.  Did you make a Blu-ray Disc or DVD with Adobe Encore?  I don't think Adobe rips DVD's or Blu-ray.

tpjasper

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 10:42:09 AM »
   Adobe Encore is a DVD authoring package that may be used to generate standard definition and blu-ray HD DVDs complete with menus, sound, etc.  It has options to directly burn DVDs, create disc images or DVD folders.  I have imported Blu-ray disc images (VOB files?) from Adobe Encore into Nero 8 to burn a HD disc, but this approach also resulted in disc that cannot be read by a DVD player connected to a TV monitor.  I have produced many standard definition DVDs that play flawlessly in the DVD player.  Any ideas on what to try? thanks, Tom

alchav21

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 12:56:01 AM »
   You do know that DVD's and Blu-ray are copy protected, and commercial software like Adobe can't make playable images of these discs to play on any DVD or Blu-ray Player.  There is software to rip Video Files from DVD's and Blu-ray to make Back-up copies.  This practice is still frowned upon by the Motion Picture Industry, but the software is still available.  It cleans up the DVD's and Blu-ray and gives you raw files of VOB and m2ts that you can burn and make Back-up copies of your DVD's and Blu-ray's.

tpjasper

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 01:27:42 PM »

alchav21 - yes, i'm aware of copy protection, but that is not relevant in my case as I am creating a DVD slide show of family pictures and have selected Blu-ray HD as the desired format.  Both standard definition and Blu-Ray format record on the BR-816SU2, the standard definition plays flawlessly on my DVD player, but the player reports that the Blue-Ray disc is not compatible.  Although, the Blu-Ray disc does play correctly on my computer.  I'm looking for suggestions on what to try to resolve the issue. thanks, Tom

lou_in_pa

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 02:10:29 AM »

Tom: Since January 8th, no one seems to have answered or offered suggestion, at least in public. Has it been taken care of offline thru tech support from Buffalo?

I just purchased this device, the software was a bit much for my pc, so I backed off all the Nero stuff. Tried to play a Blue Ray movie I purchased and got an error message.

Tried loading customized Nero components, play the Blue Ray movie, got an error message.

Since I bought the device on sale at a Circuit City store, there are no returns.

Would you recommend I pitch the device now and save time, or keep trying?

thanks