Author Topic: PC-P4LWAG LinkTheater problems with viewing files and video playback issues  (Read 6341 times)

stevebambury

• Calf

I've just bought the PC-P4LWAG for my father along with the Linkstation Live 500Gb.  I've copied some videos onto his Linkstation as a start for him but I'm having problems firstly viewing the Linkstation hotsed videos from the LinkTheater and secondly even playing them locally via the front USB port the playback performance is terrible.

Both Linkstation and LinkTheater are connected via Ethernet to his router and have been assigned static DHCP IP addresses.  I've configured PCast on the Linkstation to point to the parent shared folder containing the videos.  On the LinkTheater I can see the Linkstation Live but there are no videos to watch????

When I copied a video to a usb open and connected to the front port of the LinkTheater the playback performance was very poor, the picture was jerky and the sound quality was just as bad, yet when playing on his PC its perfect???

Please could someone help as this was a Christmas present for my Father and I've yet to get it to work!

Thanks

Steve

Jason

• El Toro

Are you certain the files you are trying to play are supported?

On a computer you can download multiple codecs to update this capability, not so on the linktheater, it supports what it says on the box. 

stevebambury

• Calf
   The file I'm trying to play is an .avi file which according to the box it does support, any other suggestions?

Paul

• Big Bull
Make sure the firmware is up to date on both and try to reboot the linkstation.

minnemike

• Calf
   2 things... you have to enable the media server under the linkstation control settings (access via browser). Second, you will be sadly let down by the capability of the player on the linktheater and what it can support - plainly said, it's pretty bad. I'd like to see a list of proven codecs and codec setting that will always be guaranteed to work from Buffalo support. And really, I'd like to see an update that can give it the capability, of say, an Oppo DVD player in what video files it can play back acceptably.

djassa1

• Calf
   Which firmware update you are talking about? Never seen any update for this box since it has been released!