Author Topic: Invisible shares  (Read 6507 times)

clunkton

• Calf
Invisible shares
« on: December 15, 2008, 11:25:51 AM »
   I've been using a PC-P4LWAG LinkTheater for a few months now streaming movies from my laptop to the TV. At the weekend I bought a HS-DH250GL LinkStation second hand. I set it up, enabling the PCcast and creating a share for my media files. I copied my files from the laptop to the share and hey presto! Nothing! The LinkTheater can see the LinkStation (it appears in the 'Browse Media' window), but when I select it it doesn't see any of the files in the share (or the share itself), but it still sees the files on my laptop. I must have missed something in the set up but I've retraced my steps and I'm at the point of pulling my hair out. It's probably a schoolboy error but has anyone got any ideas? Cheers!

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Invisible shares
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 11:36:51 AM »

First make sure the firmware is up to date (i would even flash the latest if you have it)  search the forum for force firmware.

Then I would set the unit back to factory defaults from the web interface under maintenance.

clunkton

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 03:06:23 PM »

Thanks Paul.

I successfully forced the firmware update, I also reset the factory defaults as you suggested. Unfortunately it had absolutely no effect on the problem. The LinkStation is visible from the LinkTheater but I can't see any shares or files, frustrating! Thanks for trying though.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:16:43 AM »
In the pcast settings try to resync the data base.  This will take a bit to rescan all the files but that should do the trick.