Author Topic: LinkTheater LT-H90LAN blacks out momentarily during MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 playback on my HDTV  (Read 7627 times)

viveknag

• Calf
   I purchased a new LT-H90LAN last week and it is connected to my home network via ethernet. I have several videos in mpeg-4 and mpeg-2 formats stored on a Buffalo Linkstation Live LS-CH1.0TL. Several times during playback of different clips I notice my HDTV screen goes blank for 1-2 secs as if the wired connection was momentarily lost.  Interestingly, when I rewind these videos the glitch seems to occur at the same spot. Also, the order of video playback sometimes is incorrect with later scenes played first out of order.  I recode/transcode videos using Nero 9 to make AVC video. The Firmware on LT-H90LAN is the latest (after initial installation the firmware updated automatically over internet). This problem seems to occur 99% times with AVC(H.264) videos.  I don't have any VOB files. 

Paul

• Big Bull
I will set this up in our lab and try to recreate the issue, If you notice anything else about it please let me know it will help in the recreation of your issue.

viveknag

• Calf

Hi Paul,

I don't think I have a solution yet to the problem yet. However, this week I watched several of my home movies made with the new Canon HF11 (which records in AVCHD format) using the LINKTHEATER HD.  These files are 1920 x 1080i res at a max bitrate of 17 Mbps (FXP setting). I saved them on Buffalo Linkstation Live as before and stream them over the 10/100 ethernet. I was amazed at the clarity of picture and sound as well as the fact that none of these clips had the blackout/blanking problems I am having with my SD AVC material.  Is it possible that Nero 8/9 is the root cause of the glitches? I am also disappointed over lack of 5.1 AC-3 or 5.1 AAC support even though I am using HDMI 1.3 through an Onkyo receiver.

Thanks. Your input is appreciated.

Paul

• Big Bull
Its possible its the software, my team was unable to reproduce the error.

KLW

• Calf

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem with the black screen between clips. The files, however, are m2ts not mts. When the original mts files are played thru the HD recorder it's smooth with no dark screen.

cguida

• Calf
   I have a similar problem where after about 2 hours and 30 - 40 minutes the video freezes for a short moment.  As the the longer it plays, the closer the freezes become.  Video file type MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, 2.55 mbits/sec 29.97 frames/sec video length about 2 hours 55 minutes file size about 3.2 gig.

cguida

• Calf

I checked out the same video from a PC and it works just fine.  Tonight I will test it with my PS3.

Thanks

Chris Guida

cguida

• Calf
   How could you maked this as solved just because you are testing it in a lab?  There is no solution and no follow up so far.

cguida

• Calf
   I have tested it tonight on my PS3.  This problem appears to be a LinkTheater issue.