Author Topic: How to install new drive for LinkStation LS-CH500L?  (Read 4146 times)

dolphinbuff

• Calf
How to install new drive for LinkStation LS-CH500L?
« on: March 18, 2009, 04:07:49 AM »
   I want to change new HD but I found old one have ext2, ext3 partition. How can I change with new one? My new drive have the same size 500 GB with unpartition.Thank you in advance.

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: How to install new drive for LinkStation LS-CH500L?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 07:33:58 PM »
   I wouldn't recommend doing this.  This is a newer device and should be under it's one year warranty.  If you have a proof of purchase, give us a call and we can repair it for you.

dolphinbuff

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 02:09:48 PM »

Dear Kameran 

It's ok about warranty, I don't worry. I just only want to play with it and learn how to. Please give me a few guide

I'm not sure for Linux system. Thanks.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 02:32:50 PM »
We cant give you guidelines if you put a diffrent kinda drive in there is voids warranty and support.

dolphinbuff

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 12:21:01 AM »

Oh, I'll tell you what. How it could be if my devices out of warranty? I told you that I don't worry about

warranty. HOW CAN I DO IF VOID IS REACH THE END, 1 YEAR OR 3 YEAR AND HOW AFTER THAT? I live in

THAILAND, last device that I sent back not yet any progress almost month. I bought new one but need

to prepare future solution if accident happen again. My retailer told me that they sent mail to Buffalo to request solution but there's no any reply and now I'm lucky than them, I received reply. Reply that I CAN NOT DO ANYTHING, may be the best answer that I should accept without resistant.

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 12:35:28 AM »

Because it voids the warranty, it is not supported, hence we do not have any guides on how to do this, nor will we create some kind of guide to tell people how to do this.

dolphinbuff

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 01:10:18 AM »

I understand your policy, but it's not ok for me. How do you do with customer that not have any warranty

all the world? Last one LS I've the serious problem with red light blinks 6 times continuous, I found that it mean disk error

I try to find solution but nothing. HOW DO YOU DO WITH PRODUCTS THAT WARRANTY END? Sent across

the world to you or sent to seller and they not have any suggest from you like me?

Or it's not an easy for end user to do this?

dolphinbuff

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 11:19:52 PM »
   Change .INI file to enter debug mode will solved everything. All fine.