Author Topic: WZR-HP-G450H changing GUI from Japanese to English  (Read 3593 times)

totsubo

• Calf
WZR-HP-G450H changing GUI from Japanese to English
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:12:59 PM »

I bought a WZR-HP-G450H in Japan and the GUI is in Japanese. I would like to have it in English.

I can't find an option to change the language so I'm guessing the only way is to install the US firmware?

I tried installing the US firmware using the GUI firmware update tool but it didn't work - the GUI is still in Japanese. I've read this is probably because the Japanese models don't recognize the US firmware's security signature and so will not install it.

Would someone have any pointers or step-by-step instructions on how to change the firmware on a Japanese model to the US firmware. Or generic instructions on how to bypass this security signature step to force a firmware update?

Thanks!

DAfshar

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G450H changing GUI from Japanese to English
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 08:37:57 PM »

I'd be interested in learning how to do something similar as well.

Are there any Buffalo staff actually checking these forums? Just curious.

dusan2

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G450H changing GUI from Japanese to English
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 02:01:29 AM »
hi just a idea see if you can find dd-wrt code for your router flash is 1st and after (if you rely think you need buf oem firm after test) try go back to buffalo oem and see if it works ***it is a risk that you can crash ( lose never recover) you router if you play with firmware flashing your router*** dusan2