Author Topic: constant buffering/retrieving of streaming video "roku"  (Read 2547 times)

ajr

• Calf
constant buffering/retrieving of streaming video "roku"
« on: May 27, 2013, 07:54:56 PM »
WHR-HP-G300N (dd-wrt) wireless router connected to ISP via broadband, with 4mbs to router. wireless connection between router and roku. strong signal, distance 20 ft. transfer rate 54mbs. tried using channel 11, and switched to channel 9. No one in my vicinity on this channel. connection between router and computer is ethernet.
a. when trying to connect/stream from router to Roku 2xd,with authorized content (popflix tv/movies, adc, ustvnow, american pop classics) Roku plays for about 5-10seconds, then goes to "retrieving" or Loading, "Please wait" sometimes for 30 to 60 seconds, sometimes for minutes at a time, and sometimes does not return!
b. I can retrieve/play streaming video on my home computer connected to the router (via ISP/Internet) with no problem.
c. I assume that there is a router configuration that I must set properly to allow for streaming? and that will resolve the buffering/retrieving issue.