Author Topic: Linkstation Live DH320-GL no longer responds  (Read 5079 times)

Jaymtee

• Calf
Linkstation Live DH320-GL no longer responds
« on: October 15, 2008, 03:44:37 PM »

My Linkstation Live DH320-GL no longer appears as a device on my network.

I can find it with NAS Navigator but the workgroup displays as 'UNKNOWN' and firmware displays as '----'

I can't ping the IP address (it times out) and I can't flash the firmware as I get no response.

It seems to power up and down normally, and sounds as if the drive is spinning. I have tried to boot into emergency mode but still can't communicate with it.

Is there any way to force a firmware flash or is it dead?

Thanks for any help

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Live DH320-GL no longer responds
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 10:01:14 AM »

Please down load the latest firmware from buffalotech.com

running this exe file will resolve your issue. 

Jaymtee

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 02:45:47 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, but . . .

I have already downloaded the firmware (version 2.10 from the Buffalo site) and this fails to communicate with the NAS. I have turned the firewall off and tried a direct connection to the drive. As I mentioned in my first post the IP address is found but the updater fails to get a response from the drive.

It looks like I wil have to extract the hard drive and utilise it elsewhere. By sheer chance I backed up the contents about two weeks ago so have lost nothing important.

obpr

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 03:40:12 PM »

I had the same issue as you.  What I needed to do was hit the "Find" button on LSUpdater about 10 times.

Then it finally communicated and updated.  Keep in mind after it finished the update and reboot, LSUpdater gave unable to locate message.  But when I went to NAS Navigator and refreshed every thing was back to normal. 

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 06:50:36 AM »
Also make sure all of your firewall and anti virus software is disabled.

Jaymtee

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 11:15:08 AM »

I finally took the drive out and fitted it into my pc. The bios can't see it at all so it looks like the drive has totally died.

I may put it back into the linkstation case in the hope that it comes back to life but I'm not optimistic.

Thanks for all the suggestions.