Author Topic: Buffalo Airstation modem seems to handle fixed and wireless networks separately  (Read 2467 times)

Turkka

• Calf

Hi,

I posted an issue about my Buffalo LinkStation not being visible to wireless devices here and it turns out the issue a bit more complaex than that. Most of my other devices use the network through wireless connection shared by WBMR-HP-GNV2-EU ADSL2+ router/modem. Those devices include a MacBook Pro, four different android devices and a printer. Today I was playing around with AirDroid to connect to one of my Android devices from my desktop computer (W7, fixed connection) with no success. Then I decided to try it on the MacBook Pro that is on the wireless and presto! The connection works fine!

Now it seems that for some odd reason the fixed LAN and Wireless LAN are separated from each other. My PC and the LinkStation that are on the fixed LAN work together just fine and the devices connected to Wireless work together well but when I try to access them from WLAN to LAN or from LAN to WLAN I run out of luck. What on Earth might cause such behaviour?

My router info is the following:

Model
WBMR-HP-GNV2 Ver.1.01(R0.09/B1.06)
FirmwareVersion
WBMR-HP-GNV2 Ver.1.01(R0.09/B1.06)
WPS status11n/g/b
configured (MultiSecurity)
Security
WPA/WPA2 mixedmode - PSK TKIP/AES mixedmode