Author Topic: WZR-HP-G450H - help - router issues.  (Read 4178 times)

jeh1984

• Calf
WZR-HP-G450H - help - router issues.
« on: February 18, 2013, 05:33:42 PM »

I have two WZR-HP-G450H and have them setup as WDS AP and WDS Station. The WDS AP works fine and I don't have any issues with it but the 2nd one, the WDS Station is having issues. Both routers have Firmware: DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (09/27/12) std  When I check for updates under the firmware upgrade tab its gives me two options. Version 20025 and 18795.  I did select the 20025 option and upgrade and it still gives me those two options. But back to my question.  The 2nd router (WDS Station) will stop working randomly. I can't access the router through the browser, telnet or anything. I have also tried to ping the router and nothing.  I have it set up right now that every 10 minutes it will ping the WDS AP and it will reboot.  Yesterday, it had an uptime for 23 hours and then it rebooted and it will do this every few hours to minutes sometimes.  I am at a loss on what else to do. Any idea's? Both G450H connection between the two are the only things connected on the WiFi signal.  I am just stumped on what else to do to keep the WDS Station connected and working correctly. I also sat them bout 3 feet away from each other and it still happens with the WDS Station, it jus stops working.  Sometimes it will start on its own working again without it rebooting. Sorry for such a long post but I just tried to explain what is happening and how my network is setup. If I need more information just ask..

Network setup:

Motorola Cable Modem (Charter)

| 

G450H WDS AP  -  Belkin N750 ( in AP mode for the WiFI)

|

G450H WDS Station - Belkin N750 (in AP Mode for WiFI)

|

Linksys WRT54G (connects to the WiFI signal of Belkin n750)

There is 5 computers connected through WiFi, which are the belkin routers. 1 computer connected through lan on one of the belkin routers, 5 cell phones connected through the belkin wifi.  Also, two playstations, two wii's, two xbox 360's.  All these are connected wireless through the belkin routers.  The linksys router is for guests that need wifi in the garage for my brothers club meetings. 

I wanted the G450H routes to communicate to each other only and the WDS AP will share the internet and be the DHCP server.  This covers two houses, about 1000ft from each other and I get 45$ signal on both the G450H.  

JoinMA

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G450H - help - router issues.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 03:28:58 AM »

Same issues here,

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Wireless/Connect-Two-WZR-HP-G450H-impossible-with-new-firmware-20025/m-p/111432

My temporaly solution is follow this video instructions;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e17wng2Mt8k&feature=youtu.be

STP checked too, in Basic Setup.

I have this configuration one week ago and is little ok, in the begining ok but when pass hours the signal down, cuts, same issues..., Solution; unplug AC every day or two days when the two routers have this issues, with a reboot in Administratation config no solution, I need to unplug the power...

good luck...

jeh1984

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I followed that video to set up the bridge. I just didn't enable the STP. Should I do this on both routers or just the station? 

JoinMA

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 06:10:14 AM »

I have checked in both routers the STP.

Now, in router station in Administration --> Keep Alive --> WDS/Connection Watchdog I ve enabled, and the AP router ip. (1000 sec.) I think it stable a little more the conection, but a I don't know, its early to know.

I still have same problems when transfer very large files [1 Gb or large - Outlook backups], routers finally disconected, but if I transfer normal files I ve no problems.

jeh1984

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 09:34:44 AM »

I do have the watchdog enabled.  I can surf the internet and it will randomly stops and when it does I can't even access the router IP at all, I can't even ping it. Later today I am going to do the 30/30/30 reset just to see if that will make a differeance. Also, the belkin router and the g450h are sitting net to each other.  I think I am going move them father apart to see if that will help improve the signal.  Wish I could downgrade the firmware. Other then this issue the router rocks. Thanks for your input ! 

jeh1984

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G450H - help - router issues. - maybe resolved...
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 09:24:02 AM »

Think I have found a fix for the issue of disconnecting. I changed the channel from AUTO to channel 11. It stayed connected for 14 hours, the only issue was I was having was the internet was working every for minutes. I tried transfering 4GB of data from my pc to a pc at the place network, worked perfect. I had to change WDS AP to AP and WDS Station to Client Bridge to get the intternet working. So far so good, I am going to keep an eye on the connection uptime but it seems to fix the issue. Just wanted to share...

NetworkN-Only (2.4 GHz)
Channel11 (2462 MHz)
TX Power25.5 dBm (EIRP av.) / 29.3 dBm (Peak)
ACK Timing21µs (3150m)

jeh1984

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G450H - help - router issues. - maybe resolved...
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 09:58:49 PM »

Another question.. Does anyone know why on the Bandwidth Monitoring - Wireless (ath0) Out part doesn't change, it always shows 0 kbps on it and the in one changes like it should.  If I click on the wireless tab bot the transmit and recive are adding up. When it was WDS mode the transmit always showed 0 OK 0 errors.  Any reasoning behind this?

Also, on my 2nd router the Rx has a lot of bad packets. 535842 OK, 9269 errors and this is for the Rx and the Tx has 0 errors. Haven't noticed any issues with connectivity with it or anything. I just would like to keep the errors low.  The main AP has 0 errors on Rx and Tx. Everything is set to default besides I turned on the RTS/CTS protection and the RTS threshold is 2346. 

The Tx and Rx Antenna chains are set to 1+2+3. Also, my WRT54G that has DDWRT on it has an Advance Wireless Settings and this one doesn't. 

Also, my wireless connection has an uptime of 5 days now.  I have been able to transfer larg files from a computer at my place to a computer at my parents.  Also been streaming movies from my desktop pc to their ps3 and also been able to watch netflix without any issues.  

I'm not haveing any issues right now, I am just trying to tweak the settings on the routers to get less eorrors out of them.  

Just hope this thread helps some people that were having issues like I was having.