Author Topic: Help with u-boot wqr-hp-g300nh v1  (Read 1675 times)

rchase

• Calf
Help with u-boot wqr-hp-g300nh v1
« on: January 24, 2013, 04:45:13 AM »

I have been trying to unbrick my router of model/version in subject line, using a serial interface I soldered to the PC board. In the terminal emulator (and working within das U-Boot), I accidentally erased the wrong addresses -- the address range for U-Boot. I cross-read the lines in my notes that I took from the 'printenv' U-Boot command.

I have not powered off or rebooted the router, so I am hopeful that if I can get a copy of the U-Boot image before rebooting I may be able to salvage it still, since U-Boot is currently running. Can I obtain such an image? What information from the router is required to know the answer? The running U-Boot version is 1.07 if that matters. The versions printed on the PC board say: "Rev V.1" and then below, "Rev A.1". The tag on the back of the router says "A0 D0". Anything else?

Please help if you can. And thanks in advance for whatever you can do.

~Rich

rchase

• Calf
Re: Help with u-boot wzr-hp-g300nh v1
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 10:35:25 PM »

First off, my apologies for my typo. I meant WZR-HP-G300NH v1.

Secondly, a bunch of people have viewed my post, but no one has left any responses yet. I take this to mean that maybe people have sympathy, but don't know how to help.

If anyone wants to help, and has a WZR-HP-G300NH v1 router, you can help by sending me the bootloader file from your router. Here is how you can extract the file:

1) login to your router via ssh (you may have to enable ssh in your configuration first, if you haven't already)

2) issue the following commands:

(from your ssh session):
dd if=/dev/mtd0 of=/tmp/boot.backup
(exit ssh, then from your computer):
scp root@192.168.11.1:/tmp/boot.backup ./ #or whatever your router's ip address is if not 192.168.11.1
(this will place the file "boot.backup" in the working directory you were in)

3) PM me and I'll give you my email address.

4) I will post all CFEs I receive to barryware.net (a repository of CFE images online for de-bricking routers) for future people in my situation.

5) You feel great for helping out a fellow hacker. ;)

Seriously though, if some of you would do this, I would be most grateful (Maybe I won't have to throw my router away!)

Thanks!

Rich