Author Topic: Can't connect to ath1 on WZR-HP-AG300H  (Read 3297 times)

zalewski

• Calf
Can't connect to ath1 on WZR-HP-AG300H
« on: December 10, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »

I have had the WZR-HP-AG300H for a while, and I was able to use both the wireless interfaces without any problems.

Some time ago, perhaps after I have upgraded to 19154 firmware, the connection through ath1 stopped working for me. Unfortunately, I did not really pay attention to this, and I cannot tell when it happened.

I have tried all combination of settings. I also went ahead and run "erase nvram" using telnet in hopes that there was some pesky setting somewhere that was not reacting to my resets. Nothing helps. I have two macs, one with Lion and one with Mountain Lion. Both give me "A connection timeout occurred" error when trying to connect to ath1 (ath0 has no problems). If I turn on WPA2, Lion asks me for the password first, but Mountain Lion goes straight to the error. I am at a loss. I tried everything I could. I hope that someone here will have some advice. I am attaching some screenshots with my current configuration, but I have tried many more (including mixed mode, 20MHz channel width, no security, etc.).

zalewski

• Calf
Re: Can't connect to ath1 on WZR-HP-AG300H
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 07:02:12 PM »

Ping.

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:08:09 PM »

I'd suggest setting your channel manually instead of auto, and use something above channel 40 as some devices have problems with channels below a certain threshold, i would try with the channels in the hundred ranges, then go down from there. Also use WPA2 personal with AES only.

rchase

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 11:37:14 PM »

Stupid question, but do your computers have 5 GHz radios in them?

zalewski

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 08:37:46 PM »
Actually, one day everything just started to work without my intervention. Sometimes I hate computers. :)

zalewski

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 08:39:33 PM »

Yes, all my mac laptops have 5GHz radios. Everything is working now, after not working for a few weeks. I am not sure what happned, but one day i decided to try again and it was a go. Perhaps my router was off for an extended period of time at some point, but this is the only thing that comes to mind.

rchase

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 09:12:40 PM »

I just resurrected my WZR-HP-AG300H from brickdom and installed OpenWRT. Guess what? My ath0 interface won't "enable" in my web interface! Maybe it is indeed an issue with the open source driver. Maybe I can roll it back. I'll let you know what I find out, but it may be a week or two...

Glad everything is working!

Rich

rchase

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 09:14:37 PM »

Sorry, correction: I meant my ath1 interface (the 5 GHz one).

Rich