Author Topic: Unable to access 300nh configuration again, help!  (Read 2505 times)

Mmakoto

• Calf
Unable to access 300nh configuration again, help!
« on: November 13, 2012, 12:59:28 AM »

So I typed 192.168.11.1 to setup the router, all went fine, on stock dd-wrt firmware. Now I'm trying to access the router again using the same method to no avail, even tried192.168.11.100 but still no good.  I've tried resetting the router and the initial setup works again like the first time, but still no good when I try to access it the second time. Any idea why it's like this? I have tried doing this in 3 different computers using wired and wireless to no avail. Please help this newbie out. Thanks

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Unable to access 300nh configuration again, help!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 04:21:20 AM »

can you ping the router?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Mmakoto

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 10:12:19 AM »

i'm no expert nor an advanced user, so i think my initial configuration was pretty simple. i've only changed the ssid and password on the wireless setup. this router is currently connected lan to lan with my actiontec verizon fios router. when i type 192.168.1.1 it works fine and bring up my fios login. i have also tried removing the ethernet cable (the one connect from fios router to buffalo router), but it still won't let me access the router using 192.168.11.1 or 192.168.11.100. if i remember correctly on the setup, i think i have disabled stp on the wan/lan section, default was enabled, not sure why i did that, but wired and wireless is working fine.

Mmakoto

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 10:14:23 AM »

honestly, i don't even know what ping is, but a simple google search lead me to find the answer. i have tried plugging the ethernet from buffalo's lan to my laptop, but it timed out, so i guess it wasn't pinging?

realborat

• Buffalo
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 02:26:55 PM »

Ok, Reset is in order, follow the steps from the link

http://ph.faq.buffalo-global.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12184/kw/reset

Mmakoto

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 03:11:22 PM »

i have tried that twice already, but same results. is it possible that my ip address has been changed? anyway to verify what my ip address is on the buffalo router?

realborat

• Buffalo
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 04:23:59 AM »

You can log on to your Modems Web interface and  check and see if it has assigned an ip address for the airstation, then you can follow the steps from the link below to connect to Airstation,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows7/Change-TCP-IP-settings