Author Topic: WCR - G300 Range Extender HELP....  (Read 4856 times)

y2k

• Calf
WCR - G300 Range Extender HELP....
« on: December 06, 2012, 03:58:47 AM »

Dear Techies,

I bought one of the WCR G300 Router/Range Extender. I noticed the setup guided us thru WPS to extend the wifi signal. The way I understood it works is that it amplifies the signal on the default AP SSID (Buffalo-xxxxxx) not the original Wifi Signal is that correct?

my question is

1. why the SSID that i have already customized put on the Airstation cannot be used once the Range Extender is setup? it goes back to the default SSID Buffalo-xxxxxx (unsecured wifi),

2. Can I add security instead of leaving it out there in unsecured?

3. What does "Seperate Feature" option means when I setup the SSID originally?

4. After it got setup it says the Airstation IP was changed to 192.168.11.100 but I cant access it after "range extender" setup. it gives out IP from my gateway modem/router (which is correct according to the function) and obviously my host router/dsl modem dont know where to route me to the Airstation because it has its own subnet. So How do i get back to the airstation config page? I have tried Wired/Wireless. Do  I need to set static IP perhaps with the 192.168.11.x subnet?

Thanks!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: WCR - G300 Range Extender HELP....
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 04:30:04 AM »

Whats the correct model number? There is no WCR G300

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

y2k

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 04:39:49 AM »

yes they do. on the box it says Airstation  N300 / WCR-G300, you can find the manual easily from their buffalo-asia.com and the box looks like this

http://www.jagatreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/IMG_0920-600x337.jpg

thx

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 06:39:32 AM »

Never seen or heard of that unit, its not sold in Europe or USA so you would be better off contacting your local support directly.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!