Author Topic: WHR-HP-G300Nv2 PPTP VPN  (Read 2264 times)

total-dunce

• Calf
WHR-HP-G300Nv2 PPTP VPN
« on: October 13, 2012, 06:26:27 PM »

Hello can anyone help me. when configuring my WHR-HP-G300Nv2 with the installed dd-wrt client use pptp and access www.privateinternetaccess.com I get no internet connection going through the G300N. On my modem my internet is working fine. I am on the UK o2 broadband network with a box 5 TG582n if anyone can help me with configuring and getting it working i would be very gratefull. 

but i am a newbie so i really do need an idiots step by step guide. 

total-dunce

• Calf
Re: WHR-HP-G300Nv2 PPTP VPN
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 02:00:33 PM »

i installed open dd-wrt on my device only to find that it didnt give me an option for openvpn, now i can seem to flash back to buffalo ddwrt, can anyone provide me a copy of buffalo ddwrt for the whr-hp-g300nv2 as the file ("userfiles_file_downloads_WHR-G300Nv2_fw1.85") i downloaded from buffalo doesnt seem to be working.or im doing something wrong as im a linux idiot. 

realborat

• Buffalo
Re: WHR-HP-G300Nv2 PPTP VPN
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 08:25:51 AM »

Actually you didn`t do something wrong with the Fw you found, but  there is no DD-WRT FW release from Buffalo for this model, So you will not be able to flash dd wrt and install Userfriendy. If DD-wrt is working for you go with it as there is no turning back. Also, Question, are you trying to get the Nat Loopback wotking? Is that the issue?