Author Topic: WBMR-HP-G300H disconnects the next day when i come to office, Urgent Help!!!  (Read 2399 times)

faisal

• Calf

I recently installed a backup ADSL intenet line at my office and the WBMR-HP-G300H modem disconnects from the internet whenever I come back the next day. I end up logging through the web console and click on connect to make it work again since the day I installed it. Any clue why its happening? What Option do I need to change to make it work 24/7.

Would really appreciate a quick response.

faisal

• Calf

would really appreciate if anyone could help me with the issue? Need it urgently... :)

edinburgh

• Calf

there's an option - keep alive - which should be active, as opposed to 'connect on demand'. otherwise, there could be noise on the line resulting in disconnections caused by bad wiring or equipment.

faisal

• Calf

thanx for the reply back. I upgraded the modem's firmware too and yes you are right about the "Keep Alive" setting and I had set it to the same as another linksys modem's settings and tried that already. It still does the same act, disconnects every morning and after i upgraded the firmware it disconnects all of a sudden in the middle. I have to ultimately switch it off completely and then switch it back on to make it work. :(

Cooden_Phil

• Calf

I have the same equipment and I am also having a similar problem.

The DSL link is very stable but if my ISP disconnects the PPP link for whatever reason , then the router does not reconnect the PPP link automatically. I have to log in to the router and click Disconnect and then Connect and then everything works OK.

This is a problem because I can't expect non-technical people to sort this out if I am not present. I may have to go back to my old Netgear router which never suffered from this problem but was replaced because it did not have wireless N.