Author Topic: WHR-HP-G300N WDS Repeater Problems, Signal/Range, please help  (Read 4420 times)

lowridin88

• Calf
WHR-HP-G300N WDS Repeater Problems, Signal/Range, please help
« on: August 22, 2012, 10:46:35 AM »

Hi everyone, this is a awesome forum i use alot for a resource in WIFI

I currently am having issues with getting enough signal strength between two WHR-HP-G300N routers.

It goes as follows.

Base router is a Linksys with internet it handles DHCP and all that.

Then setup buffalo as WDS AP and am brodcasting about 800 feet to an office from the house. This router has a omnidirectional 8dbi Engeninus antenna outside on roof: http://www.amazon.com/Engenius-Outdoor-High-Antenna-EAG-2408/dp/B000VIA4CA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345649815&sr=8-1&keywords=engenius+omni+directional

I am not broadcasting SSID just using local routers for everyone to connect.

On the other end i have a 14dbi directional dish antenna from Lcom on roof connected to the other Buffalo router. This then connects to the indoor router where people can connect. There is only one DHCP server, ect ect. http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=20593

It is set on 40mhz turbo mode, and tried almost every wireless channel to get this to work good and have no luck what so ever. The routers are showing a signal strength from 0% to 21% and fluctiates alot. Having very difficult time getting a stable connection at all

I have also tried 20mhz and auto on wireless channel also with no luck

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

lowridin88

• Calf
Re: WHR-HP-G300N WDS Repeater Problems, Signal/Range, please help
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 12:59:07 AM »
Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks!

lowridin88

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 08:25:20 AM »

anyone?

lowridin88

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 04:29:39 PM »

Well i just got back from the jobsite and got everything up and running....   Turns out a firmware updated helped things out alot..   Firmware in the units was nearly a year old and some wireless improvements have been made.

Baldy37

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 01:22:31 PM »

What build did you have and what newer build did you use? I bought a whr hp g300n with  a year old DD-WRT v24sp2 build 17135 5-25-2011 for EU-US. My only power out is 16dBm no higher. I`m begining to think the EU-US is locked into EU regulations for power out put. I want to try a different build. I`m about 600' from the AP and get 24-30 % signal. I not sure if I want too use the easy one or the newer DD-WRT

lowridin88

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 09:57:48 AM »
I had that same build, I was also seeing about 16dbm... I switched to the latest professional build on Buffalo site and now reading 22dbm with noticeable gains in signal and throughput

lowridin88

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 09:38:27 AM »

We have another similar system as i talked about here, and i also did the firmware update to that one as well and noticed almost 30-40% gains just by doing the firmware update. Not sure what they changed but its working way faster now.