Author Topic: WBMR-HP-GNV2 Port Forwarding for Xbox live  (Read 3442 times)

robertson2011

• Calf
WBMR-HP-GNV2 Port Forwarding for Xbox live
« on: September 25, 2011, 04:18:07 AM »

I spent ages now trying to get this router WBMR-HP-GNV2? to allow me to have open NAT with no joy after reading through everything i could see.

I have already configured my xbox with an IP of 192.168.11.36 and will connect to live but with a moderate NAT settings

UNPNP is on and below is what I have setup using the gaming option on the front page

Application01AirStation's Internet IP Address
TCP Port:80
TCP Port:80

AirStation's Internet IP Address
TCP Port:3074
TCP Port:3074

UDP Port:53
UDP Port:53

UDP Port:3074
UDP Port:3074

UDP Port:88
UDP Port:88

TCP Port:53
TCP Port:53

Nothing in DMZ and internet/wireless is fine

Can anyone advise what this issue might be?

I might just put the xbox back on dhcp and try again using upnp

Help

robertson2011

• Calf
Re: WBMR-HP-GNV2 Port Forwarding for Xbox live
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 04:48:19 AM »

I just tried using upnp with xbox to auto ip and dns and worked fine however I then tried again but this time back to a manual IP on the xbox of 192.168.1.36 and reserved this IP under the DHCP using the mac of the xbox and my startting IP range was 192.168.1.30

with port forwarding enabled and back to moderate on the NAT

So it does work but there seems to be some issue with the port forwarding on this router or is there some other fuction I need to disable to enable?

going to try disabling the upnp now with port forwarding and ip reserved in the dhcp table thats within the starting ip range

robertson2011

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 05:20:27 AM »

weird I've set the router to use UPNP with port forward disabled and reserved an IP address foir the xbox - its gives an open NAT with the xbox set to auto obtain and gives it the IP i reserved in the table which is correct but if i then set the xbox to manual IP and give it the same reserved IP from the DHCP with the exact same subnet and gateway it gives moderate NAT even with upnp enabled

??????????????

kargo27

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 01:24:21 PM »

I'm a noob and I don't know if this helps or not but on my WZR-HP-AG300H?, with Charter cable I have 3 XBOXes all with open NAT.  I left UPnP checked, reserved my devices IP's and left it at that.

No port forwarding or anything, the router seemed to know what to do.  I'm using Buffalo firmware, not dd-WRT, too.

Edit to add: 2 of the XBOXes are wireless the 3rd is wired.

robertson2011

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 07:22:06 PM »

yea I pretty much just did that as well in the end - left UPNP on and reserved the IP on the router with no port forward and left the xbox at autodetect which worked fine.

would have been nice to have the xbox to manual to tie to all together nice and neat but in the end I dont think it will make much difference. just a but strange why it would not work. I was thinking the router might have some kind of firewall settings but have not noticed them yet.

kargo27

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 11:18:30 PM »

Good deal, glad it worked out.

I think I read that some of the newer routers are starting to take consoles (and their common ports) in mind.  Which is great and makes sense, since there are tens of millions of them out there and all connected to routers.

pumbaa

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 02:28:10 AM »

I am not able to connect to the Wireless AP on this device using my XBOX. Can you please let me know the steps that you followed to get this working? I believe there is a thread going on with people like me who are facing the same issues while trying to connect to this device using XBOX.

Thanks

pumbaa

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 01:37:58 AM »

Works by changing the authentication to WPA and retesting.