Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH Japan Model  (Read 5349 times)

denmart

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH Japan Model
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:40:50 PM »

Hi,

As I am working and living in Japan and is thinking of getting the WZR-HP-G300NH.

However, I understand that the Japan model is only available in Japanese language, thus is there anyway for me to get it and change the language to english without reverting to dd-wrt firmware?

Thanks

Dennis

zaphod777

• Tatanka
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH Japan Model
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:57:18 PM »

If you use the google toolbar for IE you can use the translate feature. It worked well for me.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:17:08 AM »

There is an option in the first page of the unit to change the language, or rather should be an option. Its one of the only drop down menus on the page. It is located on the lower right hand corner of the page. Try selecting English and see if it changes. If this doesnt work then there is no other way to change the language other than flashing a 3rd party firmware on to the unit.

European

• Tatanka
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 08:56:19 PM »

The Japanese firmware does not allow to the language to be changed; some other Buffalo products like the LS-XHL do support multiple languages.

bunny

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 11:16:39 AM »
I also live here. I have a WZR-HP-G301NH and to be brutally frank, its a piece of **bleep**. If you disable AOSS (or simply never use it) the only thing the wireless clients can access is the wireless router and the gateway out (and by extension, if they could resolve dns, beyond.) forget about the pc next to the the wireless ap, that IS NOT THERE. I can reproduce this trivially. Its in 1.73 and 1.74. However, *IF* you have something that can speak their daft AOSS, then once you get that going once, you're ok. If you don't speak japanese, these aren't the models for you. I didn't have this problem with the G300, but someone might have AOSS'd it. (Don't think so).

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 04:07:43 PM »

you sure your not using access point isolation on the wireless clients? all my wireless clients can access pc's on the network fine and stream of my servers shared drives without issues.

bunny

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 11:28:44 PM »

slybunda wrote:

you sure your not using access point isolation on the wireless clients? all my wireless clients can access pc's on the network fine and stream of my servers shared drives without issues.

To be quite honest, no. I wasn't even aware there was such an option. If you tell me where to look, or even just what menu it section it lives on, I'll have a look.

You don't have to use AOSS for the client, just have to use it once.:smileyindifferent:

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 08:00:12 AM »

AOSS is for Buffalotech, Sony, and several other mfrs - but it isn't used by all mfrs. If you have a mix of products - set up security using the Advanced settings' screens. For PCs, Macs, NAS, etc, you just set them up to share in the router GUI - if you can't find these screens because you bought a Japanese language model and you don't read Japanese, you'll need someone to translate, or call support.

largo

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 01:28:37 AM »

Well.  I live in Japan and that last answer just lost you my business.

Goodbye and Good Luck!

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 01:41:27 PM »

These are USA forums and we have no control over what Buffalo Technology Japan sells in Japan. As the routers in the USA have English as the language, I would expect that a router purchased in Japan, would have Japanese as the GUI language, unless specified in English, on the outside of the retail box. Japanese routers have different hardware from USA and European hardware, even for the exact same part number, so our English language firmware is not compatible with their Japanese hardware - that's a fact, not a game.

bunny

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 09:56:02 PM »

largo wrote:

Well.  I live in Japan and that last answer just lost you my business.

Goodbye and Good Luck!

Don't worry, if you ever had to deal with Buffalo Japan support, you would have made that decision long ago.

So saying, they are pretty and there are heaps of them in Yodobashi Akiba and you would be hard pressed to find a better product at the same price point (please don't mention Planet/PCI, I will laugh myself sick.).

Every single problem I had with the G301 boils down to AOSS not being used = BRICK. Nice, pretty **BLEEPING** BRICK.

That has to be a fundamental cockup in the image, but its easier to throw it away and buy anything else than do the rounds with duffalo japan support.

Why they don't make a global image I don't know. Likewise, I doubt the hardware is that different except politically. Certain channels aren't available in some countries, ie. 1-11 in the US, 1-13 in Japan or something like that.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »

Actually, in the wireless division of Buffalotech Japan, they put out hardware that the USA and UK never get, and Japan uses the same part number. The storage division in Japan does this too, but not to the same extent.

along

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 11:52:42 PM »

To suggest that US models are in English and that, therefore, the Japanese models should be in Japanese is incorrect on so many levels that I hardly no where to start.

1.  I believe that US models will offer mutliple languages, just as the DMV or just about any other place does.

2.  Written Japanese is based in Kanji.  Do you know what that is?  It means that if you don't know the sound, you can't look it up.  Each kanji can have from 1 to 120 different sounds attached to it.  Does this sound reasonable to expect expats (read:  people from anywhere in the world) to be able to do? 

3.  The software is already localized to different languages and the choice not to apply thTose localizations is not based on resources or logistics.  It is based on race and market protection.

4.  The software not being compatible excuse is so lame that it doesn't even bear recognition.  Let me guess, the routers have the same name/model number and the same functions, but the software is incompatible?  Do you even listen to yourself?  Just about the only thing different between the WZR-HP-300H J-version and the I-merican model is that the language option has been removed.  So what are you talking about, and are you just trying to yank our chains?

I know of what I speak as I have lived in Japan for the past fifteen years.  How about you, or are you just talking because you have lips.  If you wish to educate yourself prior to making another comment on the subject, try checking up on the "keiretsu" in Japan and how they conduct business.  If you can't find it, ask me, and I will show you how to write it in Japanese so that you can try looking for it over here.  Alternatively, just try stepping out of I-merica for a day and then come back and share your wisdom with us.

Buffalo doesn't deserve the business and you don't deserve a job--in my own personal humble opinion, of course.

along

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 12:19:47 AM »

Unfortunately, I am currently far away from Akiba and had to buy via kakaku.com.  Browsing kakaku.com, it became very clear that the Japanese Keiretsu are not allowing routers in, so you can pretty much choose Buffalo or Buffalo.  It is obviously the only way that they can peddle their garbage.

I am seriously thinking that it is time to do something about these Japanese companies and their obsession with making life difficult for expats in Japan just because these people are Heso Magaru.  Buffalo knows that the Japanese always stand together, right or wrong, and that foreigners, right or wrong, never do so.  Disabling a language interface for a product already localized to another language makes no sense politically or economically.  The only reason I can suss out is that it must be pure malicious intent as the language has nothing to do with the fact of whether I am using the product in Japan or not.

Is it time for a boycott?