Author Topic: Xbox 360 not connecting to WZR-HP-G450H  (Read 4484 times)

rhfb

• Calf
Xbox 360 not connecting to WZR-HP-G450H
« on: May 05, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »

I have an issue with my new router. My Xbox 360 will no connect to the router after it has been power cycled. The first time I setup the connection my 360 works perfectly for about ~30 mins, and then it will disconnect from the router. When power cycled the Xbox 360's MAC address will show up for 2 seconds in the WIreless Nodes section of the router's menu (Status -> Wireless -> Wireless Nodes) and then disappear, showing up again after about 30 seconds. If I forget the wireless network and set it again, everything works perfectly again, until it gets disconnected after the 30 mins or so. This is the only device I'm having issues with.

The router is using the DD-WRT firmware. The SSID is not being broadcast, the network type is mixed g/n, and the security type is WPA2 Personal AES/TKIP. The wireless router is ~20 feet away fwith no walls or other obstuctions in the way from the Xbox 360. And again, this is the only device I'm having issues with.

Any idea what might be wrong? What do I need to do to get this fixed?

Makke375

Re: Xbox 360 not connecting to WZR-HP-G450H
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 01:47:44 PM »

I have just the same problem! and I do not know what to do ...

rhfb

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 06:28:13 PM »

Anyone??? Still don't know why my Xbox 360 won't remember the connection I setup beyond the first power cycle.

edit: It won't connect at all now, even after removing and adding the network again. Just shows up for a few seconds in the wireless nodes and then goes away, over and over again.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:46:27 AM »

What wireless mode and channel have you set? Is the problem soley with the xbox or are other devices having the same issue?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Makke375

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 06:39:43 AM »
- Wireless Network Mode (mixed)
Wireless Channel (auto)
-  only xbox have the issue.

rhfb

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 02:20:05 PM »

Only a problem with the XBOX. All my other devices connect just fine.

I've tried Mixed, Mixed B/G, Mixed N/G, auto channel, channels 1/9/11, wpa 2, wpa, wep, and no security. All in combination with each other. Still was not connecting to the router.

Switching to the "User Friendly" Buffalo firmware allowed the Xbox to connect right away so I'm guessing there is some setting that I'm missing in the dd-wrt firmware that is preventing it from connecting. Unfortantly I can't stay on the buffalo firmware because it is causing issues with my other networked devices.

edit: And this was using the latest firmware posted on the support site (v24sp2-18795)

TobalJackson

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 12:00:42 AM »

I just purchased this same model and received it this morning.  Out of box I immediately configured the wireless settings as follows:

WPA2 Personal (not mixed)

TKIP + AES

Channel: Auto

20Mhz

And the Xbox complains of an invalid password every time I set it up.  I've double checked the passwords and know they match, which is why i came here next, but it seems the people in this thread never reached a conclusion.  Has anyone had any experience remedying an issue like this one?

Thanks

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 05:38:37 AM »

You all should try with wireless security WPA2 personal with AES only. I wish they would simply remove the older algorithms, but for some odd reason, they are still there and people still like to choose AES+TKIP. Also, for better results - you should choose your channel and set it and not let it 'auto' because sometimes it doesn't choose the best choice for channel selection with auto set.

TobalJackson

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 12:52:25 PM »

Ok, I tried setting the wireless security to wpa2 personal with aes only, and changed the channel to 6.  The xbox still complains that the password supplied is incorrect (but it does match).  Any other suggestions?  Apparently a "solution" is to flash the firmware with the non-ddwrt one, but I find it preposterous that the xbox 360 wouldn't be able to connect to this ddwrt-managed router with all the right settings because of a software issue.  Are there any more suggestions that may get my xbox360 connected to this router wirelessly using the ddwrt firmware?