Author Topic: New DDWRT firmware  (Read 30006 times)

Seaotter

• Calf
Re: drops in mixed g/n mode -- Re: New DDWRT firmware
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2012, 09:03:12 AM »

It works for us. It flashed from the GUI no problem. It works and plays well with the AirStation™ N300 Dual Band Wireless Ethernet Bridge WLAE-AG300N which we use to connect a desktop and a network printer. Thank you for the link. We could not find that build on the DD-WRT website without your link. 

osocoloso

• Calf
Re: New DDWRT firmware
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2012, 02:09:43 PM »

Hopefully you guys get around to the WZR-HP-AG300H and fix the radio issues.

And while at it, please train your tech support reps on how to answer questions for this firmware. Not a good sign when your reps don't know much about it and basically tell you to just return the router and get some other manufacturer's.

Nogsx3

• Calf
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2012, 03:03:14 PM »

WHR-HP-G300N updated from 17198 to fix wifi connection problems which it does.

Only bug I've found so far in 19152 is if you manually set the Wifi channel it stops broadcasting. If set to auto it picks 6 which is what every other network around me in on, all other channels are free so some dumb logic going on!

silversilver

• Calf
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2012, 11:53:26 PM »

Telnet to the box and dump the firmware on the command line, download the dump via SSH or move the file to www directory and download it via the browser.

Not sure if it kosher on this board to post how to do it, but it is possible.

electric0ant

• Calf
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2012, 03:05:05 PM »

I just installed the DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (04/27/12) std (build 19152) for my MHR-HP-G300N but in the wifi settings for channel width I only have 20Mhz?? if i switch back to the normal firmware I can set 20 or 40mhz. does anyone know how to resolve this? I really prefer the dd wrt firmware, but i need the 40mhz for my laptop to connect at full speed.

any advice please? I am pretty sure I have gone through all the settings and I can't find it!

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »

You should be able to switch it to N-Only, then apply that, then the drop down for channel width should then include the HT40 setting in it.

electric0ant

• Calf
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »

nope, i've tried  that and it doens't give me that option at all :(

but in the normal "user friendly" firmware, when i switch to 40mhz mode ony, does that put it into N mode only? 

EvanC

• Calf
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2012, 09:47:31 AM »

Hi everyone,

While I know OP said that updates have no ETA, I was wondering if the WZR-HP-G300NH v1 would be getting an update eventually or if this model is no longer supported?

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2012, 03:53:28 PM »

im waiting for an update on the v1 hardware too. hopefully its still supported and they dont drop support for it. but they really need to speed things up and release a newer version with updated kernel for better stability.

Artjohn

• Calf
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2012, 04:45:22 PM »

I originally purchased the WZR  HP-G300NH specifically for DD-WRT firmware and I too now await an update on the v1 hardware.  

I have in the past been a fan of Buffalo products, but I am reluctant to buy any further products or recommend products from this Company given the apparent policy of stopping at Alpha firmware releases.

For me, the "user friendly" firmware has been fine, and the product is still under warranty.

But to be honest, my last two router purchases have been elsewhere (Linksys/Cisco & Asus) :(

blade83

• Calf
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2012, 01:42:04 AM »

It will great if buffalo can release for new firmware on WZR-HP-300NH v1 to support more free DDNS provider such as NO-IP.

As we know that TZO and DYNDNS are not free anymore.

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2012, 12:42:48 PM »

They  already have, in the buffalo dd-wrt firmware you can use custom DDNS servers. But what i don't think you understand is even if you sign up with NO-ip and get a free hostname(s), then set up a customized DDNS schedule in dd-wrt, you will still get an email from no-ip saying that your hostname will expire unless you go to their site and manually update it, because their update client and website do checks to see if you are using their update system or someone else's. And DDNS in dd-wrt will report the updating is fine, and it is, but no-ip doesn't see it that way and still wants you to come to their site and update so they can try to make a sale, so its not all together free either.

osocoloso

• Calf
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2012, 11:50:26 AM »

I really wish someone would start a class action lawsuit against Buffalo for mis-representing their routers as "DD-WRT" routers.

Their DD-WRT support is awful, their "high power" router's signal strength is awful when running DD-WRT, and any time someone has a problem, their answer is to switch to the "user friendly" firmware.

Even worse, one of their reps actually told me on the phone that I should return their router and get a better one from another manufacturer.  I should have done that while it was still under the store's return period.

If you can't support DD-WRT and make it work properly, don't sell your routers as DD-WRT.  Period.

Any lawyers in the forum? :-)

Kismat

• Calf
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2012, 06:39:35 PM »

The links are 404's (invalid) anyone got any ideas?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2012, 05:39:12 AM »

Kismat wrote:

The links are 404's (invalid) anyone got any ideas?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=buffalo+tech+download

It's an amazing webpage called google..... maybe you have heard of it?! :-/

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!