Author Topic: New DDWRT firmware  (Read 30012 times)

JMMazza53

• Calf
Re: New DDWRT firmware v18289
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 05:22:53 PM »

Hi,

Just upgraded a Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N to v18289 firmware. Seems to have fixed the no WAN static IP problem. Staic IP on the WAN side is now fine. Did notice one bug so far. Under STATUS, if I select WAN to view the graph of the month to month WAN activity, the chart is superimposed on top of the data information. Not good.

Still have other features to test.

John

slybunda

• Buffalo
Re: New DDWRT firmware v18289
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2012, 05:45:34 AM »

could be a web browser issue, which browser do you use?

alanbir

• Calf
Re: New DDWRT firmware
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 02:00:07 PM »

If you want to go back I think you can just reflash using the newest image provided on the buffalo support site. 

ghz

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »

Will we ever have an update for WZR-HP-AG300H?

ronzino

• Calf
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 10:04:56 AM »

if buffalo would had provided it... i wrote the following

I have a WBMR-HP-G300H router and i am really interested in using ddwrt BUT i am more interested in how i should backup my original firmware.

Buffalo dosen't released any new or stock firmware, so where can i find a backup image ?

hiver

• Calf
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »
I would like to know the same thing - have not used my unit yet, as I want make a backup of firmware or find a replacement firmware file - if I need to revert to stock FW

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 03:46:33 PM »

newer build 19152 is out now for some of these routers. may be worth trying if your having issues with older builds.

emabia72

• Calf
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 04:23:16 PM »

Is it possible to make a backup of the original firmware ? How !?!?! Doea anybody of you have it?

I have a wbmr-hp-g300h and I've already flashed it with dd-wrt but I didn't make any backup.

I phoned Buffalo (in  Italy) and I've been told to extract the original firmware from a brand new router and reflash mine.

I'm going to put my hands on a stock firmware in the w.end but I don't know how to make the backup or to extract it !!!

Can anybody help me ?

Please !!!

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »

seriously if you dont know what your doing stick to the user friendly firmware if you even have to ask a question such as the one you posted then its more than obvious that your clueless and user friendly firmware is as far as you should be going.

ghz

• Calf
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2012, 03:14:19 AM »

slybunda wrote:

newer build 19152 is out now for some of these routers. may be worth trying if your having issues with older builds.

You mean a branded Buffalo one? Or generic ddwrt builds?

ronzino

• Calf
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2012, 05:19:41 AM »

ehm, well i am an electronic engineer so actually i know very well what we are speaking about as i develop firmwares too.

the point is that BUffalo doesn't released any firmware for my router, and it is not possible to backup it using the router web interface.

even if i can try to open it and look for a ttl or jtag connector on the circuit board and try to backup the nand flash content, i don't want to open it, or at least not now.without documentation it may be unsafe to do this operation.

but i am more interested in speaking about another question related to this one.
suppose that we obtain from an unofficial flash dumb or from buffalo, the binary file of the original firmware. Are you sure that we will able to flash back it through the unofficial DDWRT firmare IF IT IS ENCRYPTED ?

if the original firmware is encrypted and the key is built in it, we will never be able to restore the official over an unofficial one. the only solution is to crack the key.... so ... withdraw

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2012, 06:50:42 AM »

The original firmware is encrypted so you are correct, you will not be able to restore it.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

gafbyn

• Calf
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 02:07:37 PM »

new to DD-WRT

Just updated my WZR-HP-G450H, with xxxx now I cannot connect to my ISP, (Etisalat).

Etisalat support staff said I need to set vpi =0, VCi 50, and encapsulation LLC

How do I do this on this version of cde wzrhpg450h-pro-v24sp2-18795-download

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 11:12:27 AM »
VPI and VCI settings are configured on your modem, not your router!
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 02:39:54 PM »

gafbyn wrote:

new to DD-WRT

Just updated my WZR-HP-G450H, with xxxx now I cannot connect to my ISP, (Etisalat).

Etisalat support staff said I need to set vpi =0, VCi 50, and encapsulation LLC

How do I do this on this version of cde wzrhpg450h-pro-v24sp2-18795-download

stick to user friendly firmware, its obvious you dont have a clue what your doing.