Author Topic: New DDWRT firmware  (Read 30004 times)

okmanoj

• Calf
Re: New DDWRT firmware
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 08:11:57 AM »
Thank you for your help and very quick reply, currently I am in India and I need 3G stick support, is there a way around to get this support. While purchase I was not aware of this limitation.

Can I get some workaround for this situation.

Sorry I need this support badly, as I am not having regular line (LAN cable) in my place.

Regards
Manoj

Artjohn

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 02:43:49 PM »

I am hoping that Jotin will add links or news about new firmware as posted for other BT routers in this message thread.

TIA

nc_rider

• Calf
drops in mixed g/n mode -- Re: New DDWRT firmware
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 08:57:15 AM »

New dd-wrt firmware seems better. But I still have the following major issues.

1. If I set the wireless to mixed mode, and the security to WPA2/AES I can connect from n&g wireless devices for a very short time, maybe 10 to 30 minutes, then the router disconnects those devices and they cannot reconnect. Also any new wireless device refuses to connect. I tried WPA2/TKIP+AES also, and the same results. I do get better stability in the connections with WPA/TKIP, but then no connections are allowed in "n" mode, everything connects in "g" mode.

2. I have a client bridge connected, and port forwarding does not work to hosts on the bridge.

3. Static dhcp ip assignments to hosts on the client bridge do not work.

When my main router was a wrt-hp-g54 all of this was working fine.

1. is a super show stopper, 2 and 3, could be worked around my making the client bridge a client and putting the servers on the client on a different subnet, but that is more work that should be unnecessary.

Thanks,

Scott.

alanbir

• Calf
Re: drops in mixed g/n mode -- Re: New DDWRT firmware
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 11:33:44 PM »

I love this router. I heard so much about buffalo and went out of the way to get a company that supports the ddwrt community. I don't mind that they don't release new features or versions of ddwrt but I am very upset with the wireless N on this router. I have a lot of local services I use from different devices and would like to be able to use the N speeds to pass 54 Mpbs on my wireless devices that communication to my local servers. I would like to see a fix on the wzr-hp-g300nh for the wireless problem with the radio. I would give money to have them fix it. I have my wireless set for wpa 1 only with aes only. I know I can't hit top N speeds but I can get over 100 Mpbs which is good enough for my internal needs over a 54 link. After an hour if I am lucky the wireless quits working. You get kicked off and no devices can connect untill you reboot. So I currently have to leave N off and use B/G mode and it runs perfectly with less bandwidth on the internal wireless devices. Please fix this problem. 

darrylb

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 01:33:46 PM »

Same issue here with mixed g/n. Will be testing B/G when I get home tonight.

alanbir

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 07:49:26 PM »

I found a solution. I'll edit my post in a second. I did not want to run a community build trying to give Buffalo the benefit of the doubt that they will release an update. But I found a community build (not posted under router model on the site. Ill share a link in a second) Now I have wireless N fully running for a whole 24 hours with no problem. So as long as you are ok with flashing a community build it will solve all the problems and no more dealing with the router. 

EDIT: ok so I found the link for the version I flashed. (ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-19-12-r18777/buffalo_wzr-hp-g300nh/)

The build was posted not long ago based on the date. I flashed it without any problems from the pro version of the buffalo firmware. I no longer care with buffalo plans to do in terms of a fix for the bug because this solved it for me. 

mzaur

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 12:24:15 AM »

alanbir wrote:

I found a solution. I'll edit my post in a second. I did not want to run a community build trying to give Buffalo the benefit of the doubt that they will release an update. But I found a community build (not posted under router model on the site. Ill share a link in a second) Now I have wireless N fully running for a whole 24 hours with no problem. So as long as you are ok with flashing a community build it will solve all the problems and no more dealing with the router. 

EDIT: ok so I found the link for the version I flashed. (ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-19-12-r18777/buffalo_wzr-hp-g300nh/)

The build was posted not long ago based on the date. I flashed it without any problems from the pro version of the buffalo firmware. I no longer care with buffalo plans to do in terms of a fix for the bug because this solved it for me. 

Thanks a lot. You rock. I found the same firmware for the WHR HP G300N ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-19-12-r18777/buffalo_whr_hp_g300n/

I successfully flashed it. Hopefully no more wifi dropouts. I will post back if I have any issues. If you don't hear from me, I'm enjoying a bug free modem for once.

alanbir

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 11:25:20 AM »

Glad to hear you also found the build for that model. I've been using this for almost 3 days now I think and have not had a single issue with the wireless. This should be the solution for everyone untill buffalo decideds to fix their software version. This should go into the solved threads. As the community has it solved. 

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 02:24:56 PM »

Until the dd-wrt source tree produces a final instead of a beta, it shouldn't be put in the 'solved' threads. 18777 is pretty good build, but alot of users in the dd-wrt forum claim the they loose lan switch ability with this build, so its good in the wireless area, not so good in the lan area, and recent changes were made to the svn that fixes these issues, so more testing will have to ensue before it can go into the solved posts.

JMMazza53

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 03:48:21 PM »

Hi all,

Just installed a WHR-HP-G300N for a customer of mine. It's working great except for one BIG problem. I could not get the unit to work with a static IP address on the WAN with the Buffalo DD-WRT firmware (v17135). So I installed community build 15778 and it's up and running, but I'd really like to use the custom Buffalo firmware. Any fix for this in the near future?

John

nchall

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 03:56:05 PM »
How do they lose LAN switch ability?

alanbir

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 09:45:10 PM »

I'd like to ask the same question about the LAN switching.

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 05:10:49 AM »

could be lan driver problem.

T-Troll

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 03:32:55 AM »

Near the same bug with wireless with 450h.... But no community builds available (it's accept encrypted firmware only).

The one thing i mention - wireless drop very fast for Intel cards, and more stable with Atheros/Broadcom.

Rollback to initial DD-WRT release.

ronzino

• Calf
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »

I have a WBMR-HP-G300H router and i am really interested in using ddwrt BUT i am more interested in how i should backup my original firmware.

Buffalo dosen't released any new or stock firmware, so where can i find a backup image ?