Author Topic: Can't get above 216.5 Mbps with WZR-HP-G450H and WLI-UL-G450 (already tried the FAQ)  (Read 3548 times)

adam2000

• Calf

Hi,

I've had the Buffalo G450H router for a while and wanted to inmprove my connection speed so I bought a Buffalo WLI-UC-G450. I still only connect at about the same max as before (216.5Mbps)  using my internal Intel wifi card. I've tried all the tips in the FAQ on how to hit top speeds. This is with the router literally about 8 feet away from me at most and nothing between it and the laptop. The router is definitely set to the proper 40HZ mode and the correct security settings. I am using the user friendly not DD-WRT firmware. Is there something I have to change in the settings of the Buffalo wifi USB adapter or something else I should try doing? There really aren't any other networks in the area interfering. Also, I've updated to the latest firmware on the router and the latest drivers on the Buffalo wireless adapter.

Thanks.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

Is the WLI the only WLAN device that is connecting to the router?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

adam2000

• Calf

I believe at the time I was testing, it was the only computer connected to it, yes. I just tried it with my wife's laptop with a 2nd Buffalo WLI-UL-G450 adapter I just setup and it gets the same speed. EIther by itself or when mine is connected as well.

I just noticed something in the Buffalo optimizing speed white paper. It says the highest speed for a 3x3 configuration at 20hz is 216Mbps and it is 450 at 40hz. I wonder if for some reason my router is still running at 20hz even though it is set to 40hz or if my buffalo wireless adapters are running at 20hz. Is there a way to change the adapters hz setting?

Polypro

• Calf
And you have NG-Mixed set?

winters

• Calf

hi,

you can download "USB????40MHz(300M)?? ?????Windows XP(32bit) / Vista(32bit) / 7" , and set the WLI-UC-G450 form 20Mhz to 40 Mhz, your network speed can change to 450M

http://www.buffalo-tech.com.tw/product.php?T_Id=2&P_Id=205#content