Author Topic: Access to Internal FTP via External Address  (Read 1778 times)

sweeneyguy

• Calf
Access to Internal FTP via External Address
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:36:18 AM »

I recently replaced my old Buffalo G router running DD-WRT with a new WZR-HP-G450H runing the DD-WRT that came with it.  I backup key files on my laptop via FTP to my internal FTP server using a script.  Since I'm on the road most of the time I use my external address  i.e.  "myhomeserver.com" and it would resove to the external address and connect. this worked fine even when I was at home.  Since I've replaced it this no longer works.  It still resolves the external address but it doesn't allow the connection.     It does work when I am working externally still. 

Is there a setting that can be put in somewhere?  

Thanks for any help

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Access to Internal FTP via External Address
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »

It's most likely a port forwarding error or an issue with your DDNS. It may need to be reconfigured or reconfigured in your router settings.

Polypro

• Calf
Re: Access to Internal FTP via External Address
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »

You can try one or both of these: Services>DNSMasq>Additional: address=/xxxxxxx.no-ip.biz./192.168.1.2

Administration>Commands: iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o br0 -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 192.168.1.0/24 -j MASQUERADE

xxxxxx is your DDNS hostname. IP addresses should be changed to yours, in the second one. I found these, IIRC, by searching for DD-WRT Hairpinning

Edit: Yup: http://superuser.com/questions/285699/dd-wrt-how-to-allow-port-forwarding-to-apply-to-requests-originating-from-insid

P