Author Topic: Buffalo's support site regarding downloads  (Read 1345 times)

cdelap1

• Calf
Buffalo's support site regarding downloads
« on: February 14, 2012, 07:18:38 AM »

Hi. I just received a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 yesterday. It's working fine. I changed firmware to 'User-Friendly' v1.80.

In Downloads, when I select my router model, I get a confusing list of downloads, none of which appears to be 'User-Friendly' of any version. Also, the software are what now? For instance, what's AirSet2? [I don't make a habit of 'just trying stuff' on core components in my network...]

Buffalo, seems like you have a decent product. If you want to make it to the big time, you'll need to do better on the support side.

Anyway, can someone kindly explain what the different software downloads are? And where's the download for the 'User-Friendly'? What's the latest release version? As the DD_WRT firmware clearly doesn't support many of the features of the router, why is it the default? Is that only to attract the open source crowd? BTW, the CD setup to change firmware is a joke since it didn't do anything except bring up the router's web interface on the correct tab, but no file selection or further notices/assistance. Lastly, 'root'/[blank_pw] really needs to be in the box clearly visible!!!

Cheers.

PS - Admin Config/Update page in User-Friendly: hello? the [Download Service] and [Page] do nothing but bring up the main Buffalo Home page! So we're back to square one! Where's the firmware? And what is [Automatic Update(On Line Version Up)]? Is it a one-shot deal or does it keep polling for updates?