Author Topic: WHR-G300NV2 Wired Set-up Question.  (Read 1627 times)

bluesjunior

• Calf
WHR-G300NV2 Wired Set-up Question.
« on: February 11, 2012, 10:17:30 AM »

Hi people, I am in the UK and have a virgin media cable modem which connects me to the internet. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium and my desktop PC uses Comodo CIS for security. I have just bought and installed the Buffalo WHR-G300V2 router in order to connect my Panasonic Viera link tv to the internet and also use the DLNA function to connect to my PC as well, it is a wired connection not wireless. I followed the instructions and everything went well I can connect to everything and it all appears to work as it should. When I followed the instructions at the Comodo site to alter the DNS settings to Comodo secure DNS I found that can enter the Router menu page via the address and "root" password mode but when I click on the Internet header at the top in the page which appears it shows some boxes momentarily and then they disappear. this happens on all the headers so that I effectively cannot change anything and am stuck with the default settings. I also found that port 113 is not stealthed while checking my security at GRC.com and cannot take the steps needed to rectify that either. Is this correct behaviour for a wired connection or do I have to do something else first, perhaps a new firewall rule or something. Excuse my ignorance but I am 62 and not very PC aware and as my son the family PC expert is out of touch for the time being I have no one else to ask. Thanks in advance for any helkp offered.

bluesjunior

• Calf
Re: WHR-G300NV2 Wired Set-up Question.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 06:40:23 AM »

Problem solved, it was a browser problem with Comodo Dragon. As soon as I used Firefox the set-up and other menus became available.